Question

Top Student
alansanclem
Message 1 of 13 (257 Views)

can not install officejet 8500 premiere A909n full feature software in windows 8

Have Officeet 8500 Premiere that has been operating fine with Win 8 64bit computer.  Have been using A909n full feature software.

All of a sudden only left 1 inch was printing - happened with excel spreadsheet and outlook email, perhaps other documents.

Uninstalled and reinstalled software.  Installation aborts when almost complete.  When I close windows I see a window that says need to restart to complete installatiion.  Once done printer works, but the HP solution center does NOT work.  Says that installation is not complete

When I uninstall the uninstall aborts.  Keeps going back to Solution Center does not work.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 2 of 13 (236 Views)

Re: can not install officejet 8500 premiere A909n full feature software in windows 8

Hello alansanclem,  welcome to the HP Forums.

I see you are having issues with your 8500 installation.  I would like to assist you with that.

I would suggest completely removing the printer software using this document: Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once it is completely uninstalled, I would recommend reinstalling using the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
alansanclem
Message 3 of 13 (228 Views)

Re: can not install officejet 8500 premiere A909n full feature software in windows 8

Grad Student, thank you very much for taking the time to help me!

I have tried what you suggest more than once.  The Install wizard does not support my all in one printer.  Seems that I am not getting a clean uninstall.  I do have another HP printer driver installed, but when I uninstall it does not show up.  It does not show up on programs and features either.  The second printer is an old HP 960c I use at my mother's house.  I am there now, and I can print out on her printer, hence that driver is hiding somewhere.

Any help you can give me will be highly appreciated, Thank You!

alansanclem

Top Student
alansanclem
Message 4 of 13 (227 Views)

Sorry!  Just noticed your name is Jameson (sp?).

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 5 of 13 (216 Views)

Hello alansanclem, and thanks for the response!

I would suggest and completely removing the printer software. In case you run into any issues uninstalling, I am including a video on Uninstalling HP Printer Drivers in Windows 8.

Once it is uninstalled, I would recommend setting your computer into clean boot mode within the Microsoft configuration settings. I am also including a document on How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Once the computer is in clean boot mode, then I would suggest reinstalling the software using the HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver.

Thanks,

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Top Student
alansanclem
Message 6 of 13 (177 Views)

Jamieson, thanks again.  Still having problems.

1, Tried uninstalling per the video.

2. Uninstaller stopped working at step 10/12, 58%

3. Clicked button to find solution.

4. While closing windows a window appears that says restart to finish uninstall.

5. set up for a clean boot.

6. Started installtion of HP Officejet pro full feature software and driver.

7. fatal error occurred while configuring product.

8. Installation error log was created -

Operating system: windows server 2008 64 bit (6.2.9200.0)

Language: English

Date & Version: 10/15/2012, 140.000.408.000

Error Situation Code: 18419131

Log files: 18419131.zip

9. Solution successfully downloaded - HP Installation Error

10.  When it had me update windows - I have a critical update that won't install. Skype for Windows Desktop 6.11.

11. Failed, error code 643

12. Took me to installation, and software was already installed.

Sorry, but I am still stuck!

Alan

Top Student
alansanclem
Message 7 of 13 (157 Views)

Jamieson, wondering if you saw my message of 4/8?  Seems my problem is unusually intractable.  Thx so much for your help!  Alan

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 8 of 13 (146 Views)

Hello Alan,

I would suggest following the steps in this document on A 'Fatal Error' Message Displays on the Computer at 96% of the HP Software Installation.

I would also suggest trying the reinstall using the HP Officejet Basic Driver - IT Professional Use Only.

Good luck and let me know how that goes.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
alansanclem
Message 9 of 13 (136 Views)

Hi Jamieson,

1. Clicked in to the fatal error document.  First problem only supported up to Win 7 (I have Win 8), but thought I would work through it. 

2. Went down to the Edit Hard drive Security Settings.  Everything went fine until I got to Step three, para. 7.  I did not see a Windows Security message box.

3. I continued through hoping I could accomplish the objective.  I am not confident that I did give myself full access.

4. I next followed the suggested link to the software, that only supported up to win 7, so went to HP site and I downloaded win 8 version.  The software was the IT Prof Use Only version.

5. I doubled clicked on set-up file and could not get access to that file.  Perhaps this was not the correct file, extensions did not show so I am not positive this was the .exe file.

6. Thx for sticking with me, I really need the HP Solution Center.

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 10 of 13 (122 Views)

Hi Alan,

I would recommend updating your Adobe Flash: Adobe Flash Support Center

And updating your Internet Explorer:  Download Internet Explorer 10

Once both have been updates, I would recommend rebooting your PC and reattempting the install.

Let me know how that goes.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation