Question

Top Student
alansanclem
Message 11 of 13 (81 Views)

Re: can not install officejet 8500 premiere A909n full feature software in windows 8

Hi Jamieson, I really think my problem is in the uninstall.

I updated adobe, uninstalled, tried again however I did use firefox.  I tried the IT pro version and could not figure out how to start the installation.  Went to full feature software and driver - same problem with install error.  If you think critical to use IE instead of firefox I can try that.

Back to the uninstall.  I tried uninstalling piecemeal, leaving Officejet pro 8500 A909 series for last rather than first.  Solution Center, Imaging Devices, Update, Participation Program all successfully and individually uninstalled.

Last I tried to uninstall Officejet Pro 8500 A909 Series.  I sellected all associated.  I get the same message as I have been getting - the Uninstaller Stopped Working during the clean up progress.  Stops at Step 10/12 - 58%.

I believe my problem is associated with this uninstall point.  Hope this helps, Alan

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 12 of 13 (64 Views)

Re: can not install officejet 8500 premiere A909n full feature software in windows 8

Hi Alan,

I would suggest going into administrator account and attempt the uninstall. I would also recommend re-registering the Windows Installer.  Go to command prompt as administrator, and type in the following:

msiexec /unregister

Press 'ENTER'

msiexec /regserver

'Press ENTER'

After those steps, I would suggest carefully following the steps in this post solution center 8.0 corrupted and cannot reinstall software by @SuperMario1 .  The solution is post #4 in that thread.

In the post, you will notice at one point it says "Go to the Edit tab, then click on Find. In the search box, type "6310" (since that is the primary number indicator of the printer you own) and click Find Next."

Instead of 6310 you want to type 8500.

Please let me know the results.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
alansanclem
Message 13 of 13 (35 Views)

Hi Jamieson,  Thanks for your help.  I did go to the supermario link and cleaned out my registry.  However I got hung up on changing to a new administrator account, turns up I got a syntax response and did not know what to do because of my limited knowledge.  Turns out there is a / in the wrong place.

I finally got so frustrated I called in my expert, and he tried everything to clean out the corrupted files - no soap.  So I am down to reformatting my harddrive from the ground up.  I was hoping to avoid this.  He said he has found that HP printer software and a couple of others tend to corrupt the software to the unfixable point - I think iTunes and one other.

If you still have a possible fix up your sleeve please let me know at your FIRST CONVENIENCE, I would still like to avoid wiping out my harddrive.

Thx, i appreciate your sticking with me with my intractable problem.  Alan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation