09-07-2013 04:34 PM
have been trying for hours to connect new photosmart 5520 to my laptop. neither wireless or USB is working. i've uninstalled the software and reinstalled 3 times, tried all the supposive troubleshooting tips to no avail. deleted the prior printer. this is my 2nd and last HP printer. the set up is absolutely ridiculous. it shouldnt be this difficult. can anyone offer any tips? or should i just return the printer. I have windows 7 and supposively this printer is fine for windows 7. many thanks to all of you and no thanks to HP.
09-08-2013 01:28 AM
Please download and install the HP Printer Install Wizard, from www.hp.com/go/tools
Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
09-08-2013 09:23 AM
1. follow the setup guide, plug in the power, installed the cartridges, load paper, and turn on the device
2. on the front panel, select "network setup" and select my router ssid, and enter password, connected.
3. you can show the printer status or network info, here is an ip address for it.
4. you can then turn on eprint if you want, access the printer by it's ip address, web service/eprint, scan to email, or even wireless direct...
I didn't install *ANY* software.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)