Question

Honor Student
hadenough1
Message 1 of 7 (363 Views)

can't connect HP 5520 to laptop

have been trying for hours to connect new photosmart 5520 to my laptop.  neither wireless or USB is working.  i've uninstalled the software and reinstalled 3 times, tried all the supposive troubleshooting tips to no avail.  deleted the prior printer.  this is my 2nd and last HP printer.  the set up is absolutely ridiculous.  it shouldnt be this difficult.  can anyone offer any tips?  or should i just return the printer.  I have windows 7 and supposively this printer is fine for windows 7.  many thanks to all of you and no thanks to HP.

Distinguished Professor
jabzi
Message 2 of 7 (353 Views)

Re: can't connect HP 5520 to laptop

Hello,

Please download and install the HP Printer Install Wizard, from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
hadenough1
Message 3 of 7 (348 Views)

thanks!  still doesnt work.  ridiculous!

Honor Student
hadenough1
Message 4 of 7 (344 Views)

clearly something is wrong.  i am returning to point of purchase.  i'm extremely disappointed in HP.  installing a printer should not take hours and hours of my time.

Master's Graduate
Simple1234
Message 5 of 7 (338 Views)

Mine took just 5 minutes to set up, do you have a wireless router? you don't even need to install any software.
Honor Student
hadenough1
Message 6 of 7 (336 Views)

thats my point it shouldnt take more than 5 minutes.  i've been out there for 6 hours

Master's Graduate
Simple1234
Message 7 of 7 (333 Views)

Here is what I did:
1. follow the setup guide, plug in the power, installed the cartridges, load paper, and turn on the device
2. on the front panel, select "network setup" and select my router ssid, and enter password, connected.
3. you can show the printer status or network info, here is an ip address for it.
4. you can then turn on eprint if you want, access the printer by it's ip address, web service/eprint, scan to email, or even wireless direct...
I didn't install *ANY* software.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation