Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I bought a new computer and want to install my printer into it but can't find the installation disc..Now what? My warranty has expired

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download the Full Feature software ( for Vista and Windows 7 ) installer on the link below and save it to the Desktop of your new PC.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL27450/mp-68348-4/PS_AIO_05_C4600_NonNet_Full_Win_enu_140_...

When the download has completed, right click the installer on your Desktop and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  If you are going to use a wired connection, don't connect the PC to the printer until the software asks.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download the Full Feature software ( for Vista and Windows 7 ) installer on the link below and save it to the Desktop of your new PC.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL27450/mp-68348-4/PS_AIO_05_C4600_NonNet_Full_Win_enu_140_...

When the download has completed, right click the installer on your Desktop and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  If you are going to use a wired connection, don't connect the PC to the printer until the software asks.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Katmat,

Follow this link it will take you to the software download page for your printer.  Select your operating system and you can download the software or purchased the cd

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3739150&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
HP Recommended

My aunt just passed away and I got this printer with know disk how can i install

it with out it please help 

HP Recommended

i haven't had any success getting past security on my VISTA to download . . .suggestions?

HP Recommended

how do I install software from the Internet for HP Photosmart C4680 printer?

HP Recommended

@boyle1939 wrote:

how do I install software from the Internet for HP Photosmart C4680 printer?

HP Recommended

can you get to HP.com?  or this link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3739150&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

I was an HP employee

HP Recommended

Can I purchase a CD for my HP Photosmart C4680 to reboot my Apple computer printer.

HP Recommended

follow this link to order your CD

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/mediaOrder?softwareitem=Q8418-10004&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&p...=

I was an HP employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.