Question

Student
cyberpedz
Message 1 of 40 (4,812 Views)
Accepted Solution

can't install HP deskjet F4580 on windows 7

I really hope someone can help me as this is drivig me crazy i have just bought this printer and can't install it on windows 7 i just get message saying appoerating system is windows 7 and link to this site for indows 7. i have tried to install updated drivers etc but my install disk still stops at this screen please help!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 40 (4,790 Views)

Re: can't install HP deskjet F4580 on windows 7

Did you click the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page for the latest software for your printer?

I am employed by HP
Teacher
kevin_techno
Message 3 of 40 (4,774 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please follow these steps Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
Click on Start then Control Panel, click System, click Device Manager in the left column and find your printer, click wheel own sheep updating programs .
The computer searches online for the correct drivers.
Select your systeen and click next

[Text removed] Hope this helps you.

Good Luck!

Honor Student
steeleb10
Message 4 of 40 (4,355 Views)

I am having the same problem and have been round the loop of trying to install the software - failing to connect the printer - downloading the additional instructions for Windows 7 - installing the new drivers - using the diagnostic software which CAN detect the printer - uninstalling the software and starting again.

Honor Student
LOST_1970
Message 5 of 40 (3,071 Views)

I can't intall. i dowloaded all those link and went though all those suggestions. However at the end I get an error message whether Driver can't be installed or Driver can't be found. It happens only on this laptop with Windows 7. I managed to install it on my second laptop where Windows 2000. Please help!

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 40 (3,053 Views)

Hello LOST_1970

Did you download the Full Feature Software for the printer or the basic driver? Could you take a screen shot of when you receive the error and upload it to the forum?

Deskjet F4580 Software

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
LOST_1970
Message 7 of 40 (3,038 Views)

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

I installed both versions.

Scanner is working. however doesn't print.

Thanks,

Rufat

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 8 of 40 (3,026 Views)

Hello LOST_1970

Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor it may resolve your issue.

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

Let me know if any particular problems or changes occur.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

k94 Honor Student
Honor Student
k94
Message 9 of 40 (2,982 Views)

I am also having trouble installing the F4580 onto my window 7 64 bit machine. I try to load from the cd and i downloaded the the current full install. When i get to the page where it does the system check, it says checking system, looking for updates, applying updates and then the installation screen goes away. I have taken out my other printer, a hp k550, i have gone into msconfig and disabled all non microsoft treads and turned off my firewall and restarted my computer. I still get the same error. I am also unable to get the cd to auto start. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 10 of 40 (2,962 Views)

Hello k94

The CD probably isn't auto loading because it does not have the driver for Windows 7. There is no software to download for the HP K550 it is included in the operating system.

The Driver for Your Product Is Included in the Windows 7 Operating System

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation