Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I do not see the cancel button anywhere on my display.  How can I interupt or stop printing on the printer?  I've owned 100's of printers and there is always an "X" to cancel quickly before wasting time and paper. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer do have a Cancel button, as soon as you print you will notice a Printing message on the top of the front panel.

By swiping your finger from that area to the bottom, the Cancel option will be shown.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

For many new printers, no cancel button because user and printer can be miles away. Users can ALWAYS cancel a print job from computer. For a shared printer, user can cancel his/her print job(s) also from computer. 

Hope this makes sense. 

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I guess I will have to adjust. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer do have a Cancel button, as soon as you print you will notice a Printing message on the top of the front panel.

By swiping your finger from that area to the bottom, the Cancel option will be shown.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

"as soon as you print you will notice a Printing message...."

But what if it is not "as soon as you print" -- does the message go away,  I certainly don't see that message on my 8620.

So, if that message disappears, then there is no way to cancel?  My printer sits right next to me, and I don't have to worry about going somewhere else to get to the printer.  In the case I have, the computer cancel is greyed out and I cannot cancel from my computer.  I'd really like to be able to cancel from the printer.  

Had I known I cannot do that, I would not have spent the money on this product.

HP Recommended

Neither would I.  

This is really poor design.  

I print from poorly setup documents and graphics from other peopole and if I don't catch it before printing it can waste a lot of ink.  

Wish I could take it back.  

HP Recommended

Since I wrote my previous post, I have learned I can indeed cancel a print job.  Even with Windows 10.  Across the top of the printer window (on the printer itself) is an option to stop  printing.

HP Recommended

None of this discussion helps if the printer has already "finished" a print job but failed to eject the paper and is still hanging on to it.  There is NOTHING in the display to cancel and eject the paper in this case.  You then have to print something else you don't need just to get the paper out that you did need.  This is clearly a case of both thoughtless and defective design that is becoming a characteristic of HP printers.

HP Recommended

At the top of printer screen when the print job shows it it printing an X will appear at the bottom left.  Just push it!!!  

HP Recommended

HP Printer model 8620/ 8625:

RE: CANCEL PRINTING

Ya, help!!  Experimented with suggestions:  NO swiping helped.  Lower X did not just appear?  SOLUTION:

AT top of print screen on printer, above horizontal margin, a small  x appears with an active arrow circling it and the word printing next to it ... TOUCHING / tapping this x  changes screen to where a large X is at lower left ... THEN, tapping this large X at lower left of screen  immediately cancels printing.  I tried it a few times to make sure, and can quickly cancel before any actual printing even begins.    Hope this helps others.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.