Question

Honor Student
neil_graer
Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)

change the region for my deskjet 1000 printer

Good day

I relocated from South Africa to the UK and recently needed to install new 301 colour and black-and-white cartridges in my Deskjet 1000 Printer. I now receive an 'Incompatible Print Cartridge' message when attempting to print and following investigation on your site, it advises that I need to alter the region in which my printer is now located. 

How do I go about doing this?

Thank you. 

Kind regards.

Neil.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)

Re: change the region for my deskjet 1000 printer

Hi Neil
You'll need to contact phone support for a region reset
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c02558798

Please let me know how you get on
Thanks
Ciara
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
neil_graer
Message 3 of 4 (282 Views)

Hi Ciara 

Thanks so much for your kind reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't really assist. All this link really confirms, is that my cartridges purchased in the UK likely won't work with my printer, purchased in RSA.

The link doesn't describe how I would proceed to change the regionalsation code on the printer so that I can then use UK cartridges. I'm at an absolute loss to understand why different countries should have different cartridges for the exact same HP printer. After all, the printers are all munufactured by HP or under license to HP.

This is absolutely astonishing and a massive inconvenience. Is it perhaps just a ploy to get one to purchase a new printer? I guess that's going to be my only option.

I must thank you, though and if you know of someone at HP who could assist me to change the regionalisation code, I'd be most grateful if you could point me in their direction.

Thanks so much.

Kind regards.

Neil 

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 4 (278 Views)

Hi Neil

You're very welcome :smileyhappy:

If you want the region reset on the printer, you'll need to contact HP phone support.....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&docname=c02558798

If you decide to do that, please let me know how you get on and if there's anything I can help follow up on.

Alternatively you could purchase the cartridges online, rather than switching to the HP301s that are available in UK stores??

Hope this helps

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation