Question

Honor Student
monma46
Message 1 of 8 (2,383 Views)

d110 photosmart driver download into windows 8.1 64 stops at item 6 of 8

Bought a new laptop that runs Windows 8.1 64, had D110 wireless all in one printer that ran perfectly with my Windows 7 unit, but in downloading the driver for new computer, the download stops at 'installing intem 6 of 8' (customer participation program).  I tried the driver download for D110a (the uninstalled) and D110b - same result each time.

Please help.

Honor Student
UnhappyWiHP
Message 2 of 8 (2,348 Views)

Re: d110 photosmart driver download into windows 8.1 64 stops at item 6 of 8

Same thing happens with me and no hekp from HP support. Said my printer was very old. It's 2 years old.  it supposed to stop working after 1 year? Bottom line; they need to fix the bug in the Win 8.1 driver.

Retired
Advance23
Message 3 of 8 (2,327 Views)

Hi UnhappyWiHP,

I understand that you are having installation issues in Windows 8.1. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

In this document for The Progress Bar on the Software Installation Stops or Stalls has steps to help with this problem.

Also you need to download the HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers and install this software and drivers.

I hope this information helps, keep me posted.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
monma46
Message 4 of 8 (2,324 Views)

My problem remains, and is aggravating to the point where I think i'll just get a new printer, and not an HP this time.  I have downloaded driver, and all the other stuff that comes with it.  My printer wireless button is blinking constantly and I've inquired as to what problem that would be and no response.  I'm not a computer builder, programmer, or repair person.  Just an end user who needs some instruction in plain old fashsioned english.  Surely someone at HP retains that ability?

Retired
Advance23
Message 5 of 8 (2,321 Views)

Hi monma46,

I am sorry, I did not see the information for the blinking light in the above posts I was responding to. If your wireless light is blinking then your printer is not installed on your network. Here is a link to the Wireless printing center which has the steps for Connecting your Wireless Printer. Once you have your printer connect to your network follow the steps in this document for Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection.

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

Honor Student
UnhappyWiHP
Message 6 of 8 (2,313 Views)

Thanks for the reply but that doesn't solve my problem. I have a Photosmart D110a. I have downloaded the full software but it will not complete the install. It indicates I must remove the existing drivers before I can install the new. When I use the normal Windows uninstall, it will not remove the HP software. I also downloaded the HP software driver removal tool but it won't uninstall the software either. Please tell me how I can successfully uninstall the HP software from my Windows 8.1 system. Thanks
Honor Student
UnhappyWiHP
Message 7 of 8 (2,312 Views)

Without using a hammer!
Retired
Advance23
Message 8 of 8 (2,306 Views)

Hi UnhappyWiHP,

I understand that you are having an issue with uninstalling the driver and software from your computer. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

I suggest that you start by removing the driver from the Server Properties.

Removing driver from the Server Properties.

1. In the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder

2. Choose ‘Print server properties’.

• Win XP – With no printer selected, click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
  • Windows Vista – With no printer selected, press ‘Alt’ then click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
  • Windows 7/8 – Select any printer in the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder and click ‘Print Server properties’ above.

3. Click on the ‘Drivers’ tab at the top of ‘Print server properties’ window

4. Choose the printer you want to uninstall and click ‘Remove’

5. Choose 'Remove driver only"

6. The next screen will give a warning, letting you know that deleting the driver package will remove it from the system. Click ‘Yes’ to say that you are sure you want to do this.

At this point you should receive a message stating that the driver and driver package were removed.

You may receive one of a few errors when trying to do this. A few of solutions are available below.

If you get a message saying ‘The following package(s) can not be deleted’ or ‘The following driver(s) can not be deleted’ with your printer name listed, it will normally be followed by the reason. In most cases it will say that it is ‘in use’.

If documents are stuck in the print spooler, this error could be due to those. cancelling any documents pending under any printer, then try to remove the driver from ‘Print server properties’ again.

If it still won’t remove the package, restarting the computer should resolve this ‘in use’ error and allow the driver to be removed.

After the driver is removed from the server properties you can proceed with uninstalling the software. Here is a link for the HP Officejet Pro Software and Driver Removal Utility for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Do a level 3 uninstall then restart your computer.

Now download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows and let it find the software and drivers for your operating system.

I hope this information helps, keep me posted.

Thank you,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation