Question

Honor Student
ElaineMarie
Message 1 of 3 (149 Views)
Accepted Solution

deskjet d1341

I have an HP Deskjet D1341 printer that just died.  Light does not go on.  I went to control panel and it said printer was offlne, changed that to Ready, checked all connections, tried running the disc that came with the printer but getting an error message that it cannot be run.  Also rebooted computer, still nothing.  Any suggestions or do I just need a new printer?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 3 (137 Views)

deskjet d1341

Have you tried unplugging the printer for thirty second and plugging it back in? If after doing this the unit does not turn on, check the box in the middle of the power cord. If there is a light on in that box then the printer is most likely (as my dad says) out-of-commission. If there is no light on that box, then you likely had a power serge and the transformer on the cord was blown out (in which case you might just need a new cord).

Let me know!
Honor Student
ElaineMarie
Message 3 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: deskjet d1341

Thanks for your reply.  It was a loose connection...duh...so I am okay.  This is a basic printer that came as part of the HP bundle I bought about 6 years ago...pc, monitor and printer.  I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation