Question

Student
Mah_Khedr_89
Message 1 of 3 (66 Views)
Accepted Solution

do I need to write the serial no. before downloading a driver for my printer?

what is the serial number helped for and do I need to write it before downloading a driver for my printer?

I have my printer and I want to download the driver that is related to my printer, I searched for it but didn't find where can I write the serial number to reduce the possibilities of the wrong driver.

also there was 3 options after I named my printer:

1. HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g

2. HP Officejet 4500 Desktop All-in-One Printer - G510a

3. HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - G510n

I dont know what should I choose.

:smileyhappy:

Best Regards

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (59 Views)

Re: do I need to write the serial no. before downloading a driver for my printer?

You need to know the complete product name of your printer.  G510g, G510a and G510n have wireless band identifiers on them. the g,a and n stand for 802.11g, 802.11a and 802.11n respectively. 

How to identify your printer

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 3 of 3 (43 Views)

Re: do I need to write the serial no. before downloading a driver for my printer?

As well you may use the HP Printer Install Wizard if your use Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.

If you have any of the operating systems above, connect the printer to your PC via USB or connect it to your network.

Next run the following tool which will detect your connected printer and download the correct driver for it:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

If you have any other operating system, please clarify your exact printer model as listed above.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation