Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good luck, winterk. I did {Content Removed} But still, good luck!

HP Recommended

I ended up getting a Continuous Ink Supply System for my 8600 premium. It works very well and saves me money!

HP Recommended

You would think you pay as I did on this 8600 printer I paid $400 for this printer 2 years ago. That they would make it where you can print in black & white only. But no you have to buy all the cartridges which cost you $100 to replace. If you buy just one cost almost as much as all 3 cartridges together. Thing is they have a label on them that the print head reads if they are new or not. You cannot refill them for I read where it wont allow that as well. Not to mention I was told at Staples that the cartridges either HP name brand or generic new comes only 1/2 full! Rest is air in the cartridges. I did buy brand new cartridges  in Jan 2013 (10 months after it was bought) installed them. Boom! It damaged the print head! Took almost 2 weeks and many hours of Staples and myself to call and get the warranty resolved on HP's end! Stating that we bought the printer in Jan when we bought it in March. Staples warrant did not kick in until the year warranty was up by HP. Hp claimed we bought it in Jan (Which come to find out that when Staples buys a pallet of printers at the same time, HP scans them as purchased by the consumer not the company Staples) We had our reciept to prove when it was bought,

Long story short HP had to honor the warranty on their end and send us a new print head. NOW I IAM VERY LEARY IN PURCHASING NEW CARTRIDGES AGAIN FOR THEY MAY DAMAGE THIS PRINT HEAD. WHICH COSTS $85 NEW!!!

Way to go HP a good way to contitunely to rip off the consumers by making a huge profit off this scam!

I am thinking of selling this HUNK of JUNK for what ever I can get out of it and go buy me a different brand that will give you the opition of doing cartridge refill or gives you a choice to print black and white or color. Not giving you the choice your YELLOW IS OUT and you have to buy a cartridge to be able to print again!

NEVER AGAIN HP! YOUR PRODUCTS ARE CRAP AND A HUGE RIP OFF!

Want satified customers? This is something that needs worked on, on your end!

HP Recommended

Yeah HP SUCKS!

HP Recommended

It took 2 weeks, many hours on the phone with their customer service and managers, from myself and Staples to get them to honor a warranty after 10 months of purchase from them. Needless to say they finally sent me a new print head but I think with their manuals being wrong, and they advertise them that you can print in b&w only, sell them that way knowing this is false advertisement, {Content Removed} for this products and products like this that they sell. It is false advertisement when they don't disclose before you buy it or when you buy it that "Hey if 1 cartridge is low you have to replace it or the combo unit before you can print again or it will damage the print head" If they did this how many people or businesses would buy this product and ones similar to this type would they actually sell? I would est. about 10%. People are looking for ways to save money not to make HP rich!

HP Recommended

@workin4asolutio wrote:
It took 2 weeks, many hours on the phone with their customer service and managers, from myself and Staples to get them to honor a warranty after 10 months of purchase from them. Needless to say they finally sent me a new print head but I think with their manuals being wrong, and they advertise them that you can print in b&w only, sell them that way knowing this is false advertisement, I think {Content Removed} for this products and products like this that they sell. It is false advertisement when they don't disclose before you buy it or when you buy it that "Hey if 1 cartridge is low you have to replace it or the combo unit before you can print again or it will damage the print head" If they did this how many people or businesses would buy this product and ones similar to this type would they actually sell? I would est. about 10%. People are looking for ways to save money not to make HP rich!

So I found this information on their website!

http://www.hp.com/products1/inkjetprinter/officejet.html

Designed to enhance office productivity, many HP Officejet Pro products provide professional color documents for up to 50% less cost per page and energy use than lasers. These printers and all-in-ones are ideal for producing professional business documents, business-quality photos, and in-house marketing materials.
The HP Officejet Pro Black & White series printers and e-All-in-Ones offer businesses laser-like black text-only printing at low running cost. Available in select countries.
HP Officejet printers and all-in-ones are similar to the HP Officejet Pro line, with a few differences that make them just right for home offices, smaller offices and businesses. These products are designed for basic networks with fewer users. Plus, these compact products fit neatly on a desktop and have a lower purchase price.

The product manual states:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03026243.pdf 

Ink cartridge warranty information

The HP cartridge warranty is applicable when the product is used in its designated HP printer.

This warranty does not cover HP ink products that have been refilled, remanufactured,

refurbished, misused, or tampered with.

During the warranty period the product is covered as long as the HP ink is not depleted and the

end of warranty date has not been reached. The end of warranty date, in YYYY-MM format, may

be found on the product as indicated:

Appendix A

160 Technical

{Content Removed}

HP Recommended

So with all that where in HP advertisement does it tell the consumer that you have to have the color cartridges full or somewhat full to be able to print in black and white? It doesn't! I even checked out Staples, Office Depot, Office Max web site. States the same thing.

{Content Removed}

HP Recommended
Go ahead to try ur so called other brand. It'll turn out to be the same thing! Get ready to be disappointed lol:(
HP Recommended
Hah hah lex & Epsom. U're kidding, kiddo!
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention in my previous posts for the 8500 and 8600 you also have the freezing option.   The printer basically freezes if connected via WiFi, latest firmware does not fix the issue.  So you either connect via USB or if you are lucky call HP to get repalcement if you are still under warranty.

Otherwsie you are SOL.

These printers are LEMONs.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.