01-31-2010 08:29 AM
after windows 7 installation, Notebook Pavillion dv9040ea does not recognize my deskjet 3420 anylonger. I've tried with the one for 3600 series, recommended as the successor to it from HP as far as I remember. I added the printer and let search for a driver in the list - updated it online until it found the 3600.
Can you explain me which steps I should do in order to correctly install the driver for the printer, i.e. to get the Notebook recognize my old printer? Thank you!
05-03-2010 08:36 AM
Have you checked compatibility?
Just an FYI for you.
It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibilty.)
There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".
There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!
As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
Microsoft does have an official Windows 7 Support Forum located here http://tinyurl.com/9fhdl5 . It is supported by product specialists as well as engineers and support teams. You may want to check the threads available there for additional assitance and support.
Microsoft Windows Client Support
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation