driver installation failed (597 Views)
Honor Student
Jenr8er
Message 1 of 3 (597 Views)

driver installation failed

HP Photosmart 7960 Photo Printer

Windows 7 (x64)

Driver Installation failed

Have used this printer with the laptop before without issue.

Installed another printer (HP Deskjet D4300 series) without issue.

Pluged my USB into the HP Photosmart 7960 and it tried to install the driver again. "Driver installation failed."

I uninstall/reinstalled the printer and driver. Still won't install and the printer is still not working with my laptop. My desktop also has this version of windows but is not having an issue with the printer/driver.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 3 (577 Views)

Re: driver installation failed

Hi Jenr8er,

Follow the steps in the document below.

The Driver for Your Product Is Included in the Windows 7 Operating System

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
HPFrustrate
Message 3 of 3 (387 Views)

Re: driver installation failed

Well i just want to log a reponse of my own, just to say that I USED to depend on HP printers exclusively and was a BIG proponent of the brand.  NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE.  Being pretty savvy in IT, I usualy think I can work around most issues and get to the bottom of a problem and keep things humming along.  Well since I upgraded my computers to HP laptops and desktops with Windows 7, all of my printers have stopped working.  When I say that I worked on trying to understand and integrate the 7960 Photosmart printer that I have always depended upon to work with my network and also as a local printer for weeks, it is no exaggeration.  Nothing online, nothing that HP can say or do except lead you around in a circle back to "the software is included in your WIN 7 software".  just read about it anywhere on the internet, with a giant bang, when WIN 7 was installed on all of the computers around the world, millions of HP printing devices went silent.

The sience from HP is deafening, and you have to wonder, that if they could not make all of their printers work on the WIN 7 environment was this just a ploy to sell a whole new generation of printing devices? what a hot mess.  and no way to hold the company culpable for this, no contact, no new drive, no way to make it work. 

my HP Printers worked for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS through many windows iterations, from the original Windows software, to XP, MEDIA, etc. etc. etc.  Until now.

On a positive note, I have discovered a whole new range of printers from Canon that get the job done, better, cheaper, more efficiently and working across many WIN as well as MAC and LIUX environments.  Now a bog raving fan of Canon, and their printers.

good bye HP, the electronic boneyard welcomes all of your outdated, useless and frsutrating hardware with open arms.

HP Frustrates 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation