Question

Honor Student
Marta73
Message 1 of 5 (82 Views)

e4630 All-in-one driver for Mac OS X doesn't seem to set up

I've tried downloading the driver twice and twice it says I was successful and that I will be guided through installation but then nothing happens.  What to do now?

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 2 of 5 (64 Views)

Re: e4630 All-in-one driver for Mac OS X doesn't seem to set up

Hello Marta73, and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you are running into issues with your installation.  I would like to help.

I would suggest deleting the printer from your print system, using this document: Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once you have deleted it, I would suggest verifying and repairing the disk permissions: About Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions feature.

I would also suggest running your Apple updates:  OS X: Updating OS X and Mac App Store apps

After the updates, I would recommend reinstalling the HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer Drivers.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Marta73
Message 3 of 5 (56 Views)

This made things much WORSE.  I now have no printers usable on my computer.  I used to have an old HP All-in-One that was connected through Ethernet.  It is now useless and gone and the new printer software will not load.  I feel like throwing them at you.  Thanks for nothing.  I will never buy another HP product.  I now have two useless bricks and I run a home business but neither is usable.  

Russel-E
Message 4 of 5 (36 Views)

Hi @Marta73 ,

"Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. While we do not take the removal of information lightly, I am sorry to inform you that your recent post has been edited / removed per our Rules of Participation:

Think before you post: You may not use, or allow others to use, your registration membership to post or transmit:
a) ""Rants"", ""slams"", or legal threats against HP, another company or any person.

This forum is not a venue for legal discussion. All users are expected to maintain a courteous tone when posting on the community. As this is a peer to peer community, if you wish to reach HP, you may use the contact information found here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have any questions on this matter please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you!

Russ

I work for Hewlett-Packard Company and thank you for participating at the HP forums!

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks” for helping! Also, please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 5 of 5 (24 Views)

Hi Marta73,

I understand both of your printers are no longer connecting.  We will work on getting those back up and running.

I would recommend rebooting the computer, as well as a power reset on the printer.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would then recommend downloading and running the Apple updates.

After the updates, I would suggest readding the printers by going to your Apple icon, into System Preferences, and selecting Printers and Faxes.  In Printers and Faxes, select the plus sign at the bottom of the printer window, and select your printers. 

I am also including a link with a little more information on adding the printers:

Mac 101: Printing (Mac OS X v10.6)

Please let me know how it goes.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation