Question

Student
Eirikr
Message 1 of 5 (2,941 Views)

envy 4500 connected but wont print

Hello,

I have a new HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer and a Samsung Laptop running Windows 8.  Windows 8 says the printer is found and connected.  Envy says it is connected to my wireless network.  When I try to print a document from LibreOffice, it sends the job to the spool.  I watch the job pop up in the spool for a few seconds, then it disappears as if everything is fine but the Envy never prints.  I can walk over to the Envy and print from its menu with no problem.  This has been an ongoing problem with ALL HP Printers I've owned, but the guy at Best Buy convinced me HP is top of the line and that I should try the Envy.  The windows Troubleshooter says everything is fine.  Where else can I look?

Thank You

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 2 of 5 (2,937 Views)

Re: envy 4500 connected but wont print

Hi,

Download and Run HP Print and Scan Dr utility form link below

www.hp.com/go/tools

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
Karnak29
Message 3 of 5 (2,458 Views)

I have an Envy 4500 printer.  The printer is on my wireless network and the printer prints test sheets no problem from its own control panel.  I also can print from my MacBook compute (via wireless network connection) no problem, but I can't print from my HP Pavilion running Windows 8.1.  I've installed/uninstalled/installed the HP Envy 4500 driver countless times with no effect.  The HP Printer Doctor says everything is good.  However, when I print a test page it spools, diappears after 30 sec, and nothing actually prints.  This is the same thing that happens when I try to print from any application: it spools, then nothing.  Interestingly, I can get it to print a test report from my HP Printer Control app - that's the only app that prints.  So the network connection and printer obviously work.  This is really frustrating.  I've exhausted all ideas for fixing.  Just finished upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1 in hopes it would change something.  Sadly, no change.   Who can solve this mystery?

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 4 of 5 (2,424 Views)

Hi Karnak29'

I understand that you cannot print once you updated to Windows 8.1. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. Could you please right click on the printer  and go to printer properties then to the Advanced tab and choose print directly to the printer. This will determine if this is an issue with the spooler.

I am including this document for Can't Print?. Follow the steps in Windows 8 they will be the same for Windows 8.1.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Tali0n
Message 5 of 5 (1,951 Views)

Same issue here.  Any solution yet?  Seems to have plagued many users now.  I'd really like to print from my PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation