Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
  • I have a HP envy 4502. I am asking for help resolving error code OXC4EB827FHWLMICCI2 C.  This error occured after I turned my printer off a couple times in attempt to reset it because after I changed my color cartridge my printer would not scan the alignment page. I am absolutely frustrated at this point and have no idea how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @cdd70,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy  I see you have recently changed the color cartridge on your HP Envy 4502 and now you are receiving an alphanumeric error code on the front panel and are unable to use the printer.

First I would like you to perform a Hard Reset on the Envy 4502:

1. Unplug all cables and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.

3. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

4. After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

Now, continue here starting on Solution Two and work your way down: A 'Cartridge Missing' or 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges' Error Message Displays for HP ENVY 4500 e-All...

Are you still getting the error message on your Envy 4502? If yes, proceed with the troubleshooting reset listed below:

An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x......' or 'C2......') Displays on the Front Panel When Printing

If at the end of the troubleshooting the error is still coming up, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks that did the trick now if I can get the scanner to work it would be great.

HP Recommended

The scanner/copier works now too.....thanks!

HP Recommended

model officejet 6430 same error code

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.