error in hp laserjet p1005 in windows 8 (4244 Views)
Student
urio_simon2007
Message 1 of 8 (4,244 Views)

error in hp laserjet p1005 in windows 8

error in hp laserjet p1005 in windows 8. it does not respond when you print after install hp laserjet p1005 in window 8

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 8 (4,236 Views)

Re: error in hp laserjet p1005 in windows 8

Hi,

The HP Laserjet P1005 currently not supported on Windows 8.

As you may find listed below, a software for Windows 8 expected to become avaialble at January:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03365145&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en...

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Andreo
Message 3 of 8 (2,767 Views)

Is there nothing I can do here to print something on my HP LaserJet P1005? What can be done, apart from waiting for another fifteen days?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 8 (1,872 Views)

Until HP releases a software and driver package for this printer, you can try using an alternate driver for the printer.  The problem here is that I have not yet found a good generic driver for Laserjet printers.  You will have to try each driver available until you find one that works like you want it too.  I'll post the steps below, and will make sure to point out the step to try the drivers on.

1. Hold your mouse arrow in the lower right, or upper right, corner of the screen to bring up the Charms Bar.  If you are using a touch screen, you can swipe your finger from the right side to the left.
  2. Select the Search Charm.
  3. Under the search box, click on Settings.
  4. In the search box, type Devices.
  5. Click on Devices and Printers.
  6. Right-click on your printer.
  7. Select Printer Properties.
  8. Click on the Advanced tab.
  9. Click on New Driver.
  10. Click Next.
  11. Select HP from the first list.
  12. Select any Laserjet driver from the second list.  You will most likely need to repeat this step several times to find the right driver.
  13. Click Next.
  14. Click Finish.
  15. Click Apply to save the changes.
  16. Click OK to close the window.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Intern
JiriCvrk
Message 5 of 8 (1,865 Views)

its crazy, I have HP LJ p1005 printer, I have still my first cartridge. After Windows 8 upgrade I cannot print!

Old driver from W7 is possible to install, but after some attempts stops working.

Please, we need HP LJ p1005 driver for windows 8 very much!

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 6 of 8 (1,111 Views)

@JiriCvrk, sorry that you are having a problem with the drivers and compatibility. 

Have you tried downloading an alternative driver (deskjet 990c). (Shane_R) has a great post on how to download it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-Drivers-e-g-Windows-8/How-to-Assign-Alterna...

Let me know how this goes. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Intern
JiriCvrk
Message 7 of 8 (1,101 Views)

[ Edited ]

It worked not, and I tried many others (HP) drivers on Windows 8 64bit, nothing helped.

The best result was with

W7 drivers in compatibility mode. It worked, but only for 2-3 days.

Yes I can use this "solution", but I had to reinstall drivers very frequently, configure ports, and sometimes it takes a very much time!!

After 7 month of studying and living with this problem I am pretty sure what works and what not.

Regular driver for Windows 8 is needed.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 8 of 8 (1,094 Views)

Unfortunately, these drivers are not yet available. Please watch this document for updates: Supported Laserjets in Windows 8 and this thread: Windows 8 Dirver Updates

I will update the thread when the driver for the p1005 has been posted.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation