Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
I am having the same issue. This hp1217 for years has had this issue on and off but now more on the problem . The last thing I used to fix it was to take time and follow the main power cord from the wall to the right rear of the printer. Grab the connection and slide it from the machine which will cut power to the machine. Slide HP from the surface and slide back in a Brother printer then reinstall the same HP power cable you removed from the HP printer making sure you firmly push the electrical connection in.

After that push the power button and go through the normal installation process. From start to finish this process will take about 10-12 minutes and from the results I have been getting works 100% of the time. After going thru this process I have never had another HP memory error. Good luck
HP Recommended

While none of the repsonses directly solved this for me on my new HP MFP M127fw 4 in 1 laser printer, it pointed something out to me. The orange plastic framed housing on the left side of the toner cartridge (surrounding  the two electrical terminals) must be snapped off when the cartridge is installed.

Once I removed that orange frame of plastic, the memory error went away.

THanks!!

HP Recommended

I am having this also with my  HP Laser Jet Pro 300 color MFP M375nw

black and cyan cartilage.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.

I took out the orange tab and there is no warning now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.