Question

Student
NinaJory
Message 1 of 10 (1,728 Views)

how do I make HP 5520 offline printer online again

I have a 5520 printer wirelessly connected to my new computer running windows 8. Got error message saying it's off line and won't print, how do I get it to print again?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 10 (1,711 Views)

Re: how do I make HP 5520 offline printer online again

Sorry that you are having a problem with the wireless connection. 

Try to perform a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back. Leave it out for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

See if you can print a self-test page or printer status report from the printer itself. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Student
NickC17
Message 3 of 10 (1,702 Views)

I am having the same problem.  I can print reports off of the printer itself, but am having no luck when trying to print off of my laptop.  I have previously been able to print from it, but recently it stopped working.  I own an hp 5520 wireless printer, and am running off of a Windows 8 laptop.  Any advice would be great.

Honor Student
djmastermurph
Message 4 of 10 (1,263 Views)

I am also having this same issue... printer says it's connectd to my wireless network and can print test page.

WERE YOU GIVEN A SOLUTION? please help thank you :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
scubaroger
Message 5 of 10 (1,249 Views)

I have a HP5520 with the same problem.  I tried a hard reset by taking the power cord out for 30s .  It is still offline as far as my laptop with windows 7 is concerned but my wife's Apple seems to be able to do things with it.  Please can we have a software update! 

Student
debina47
Message 6 of 10 (1,131 Views)

Your solution didn't work for me either.  Obviously many folks have this problem.  What's the real fix?  Everytime I reboot my pc I go throught this hastle.  I uninstall the printer and reinstall.  Only solution I have found.  Come on HP, you can do better than this.

Top Student
coachfac
Message 7 of 10 (1,069 Views)

Same pb for me.  Says printer unavailable.  Have to power on reset - a real pain, especially if I'm in another part of the office.

Student
kdas
Message 8 of 10 (1,013 Views)

Honor Student
roman116
Message 9 of 10 (1,005 Views)

same problem with officejet 4632 and it don't do anything to unplug it
Top Student
coachfac
Message 10 of 10 (1,001 Views)

Here's the detail. I have tried from a W7 laptop and my Mac Mini, same symptoms, also tried different routers, same!

Printer works fine, then when left alone for a while the home screen goes out, only light is power button.

Now when trying to print get a message on laptop saying printer is 'unavailable - offline'

Go to the printer and press power button screen lights up, press the wireless icon and it says connected and the signal indicator is good.  Still can't print, still says its offline.

Then went my laptop and signed on to the router with 192.168.1.254 and the printer is NOT shown, all other devices are there.

Only fix is to do a power on reset on the printer, it then prints OK until it is left again for a while and we start all over again.

Ive a feeling this started after the last firmware update which, according to the description was supposed to fix this pb!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation