10-03-2011 09:26 AM
I have an hp officejet 6500 E709a Series I have lost the installation disk and I need to connect / install it on my laptop. The laptop is an IBM ThinkPad. The system it has is Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Computer Intel(R) Pentium (R) M Processor (R) M 1500MHz 1.50GHz 512MB of RAM.
Can I install my officejet on it without harming the laptop? If so how do I install it without the disk?
10-03-2011 09:39 AM
The drivers can be downloaded from HP here. I would suggest using the "Full Featured Driver". There are also firmware and other updates that may be applied.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)