Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

how do i set the date & time on my HP officejet pro 8600 plus?  It just shows on a fax log printout Jan-oo-oo 00:00 AM.  There are no instructions on how to edit this.  I need proof that I sent a fax on a certain date & time.  Please help.  thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Below you may find the steps to set the Date and Time for your device:

1. On the control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup ( ).
  2. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Preferences .
  3. Touch Date and Time: , and then touch the Up and Down Arrows ( ) to set the month, day, and year.
  4. Touch Done , and then touch the Return Arrow ( ) to return to the Main screen.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
HP Recommended

Hi,

Below you may find the steps to set the Date and Time for your device:

1. On the control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup ( ).
  2. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Preferences .
  3. Touch Date and Time: , and then touch the Up and Down Arrows ( ) to set the month, day, and year.
  4. Touch Done , and then touch the Return Arrow ( ) to return to the Main screen.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended
outstanding. I have been looking for a answer to this question for months. Thanks for the immediate solution!
HP Recommended

With pleasure,

Great to know you managed to solve the problem!

HP Recommended

My date & time are off on my Officejet 8600 Plus (connected to a home network with ePrint enabled) and when I attempt to change the date & time I receive a message that says "The feature has been locked by my system administrator or the person who set up the printer". Never set security up on tyhis so not sure how to clear this out and make changes? Help!  

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem and I'm getting flustered! I've accessed the printer via internet and it's not showing that it is locked (the password area should be blank and is blank). I've tried to turn the computer off and leave it off for awhile, but this doesn't seem to work either. Anyone have this problem and learned the fix?

HP Recommended

Your instructions worked great.  Thank You!!

HP Recommended

Please help me set-up the date and time on my HP Officejet PRO!

HP Recommended
Thank You so Much. Ive been trying for 2 days
HP Recommended

How do I set the date & time on my HPOfficejet pro 8600 N911a  Fax?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.