Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
thank you for the solution..it worked for me..
HP Recommended

THANK YOU!! I spent hours looking through the User Guide and could not find this answer. One would think it would be included in the intital set-up instructions.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your advice to another user.  I have a HP Officeject 6700 Premium that I purchased approx. 3 mos ago and had the same need to validate when a fax was sent or received.  I was able to use the advise you gave him and with a little poking around, I was able to find the "Preferences" area on the printer screen and was able to set the fax date and time stamp.  Thanks a bunch!!!!!

Bluejaywdh

HP Recommended

I need help unlocking my wireless HP 8600 printer to set the date and time.

I can find the screen but it is locked by administrator.

I am the administrator.

I tried typing the IP address to my browser but that did not work.

Thanks if you can help.

Terry

HP Recommended

You'll probably have to do a factory reset if you can't access the web page.

Check this topic:

Accepted Solution FORGOT ADMIN PASSWORD FOR - (WEB-PAGE) - HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One P...

-Seth

HP Recommended

Thanks Seth,

I used this solution and it worked for me. I do not know why it took me so long. I spent hours trying to get a simple thing done.

Thanks again,

Terry

Select Setup, then Tools, then Restore Factory Defaults. "Restore Factory Defaults" is the last item on the list and you will have to scroll down to see it.

HP Recommended

I still find it ludicrous that a top of the line and very expensive printer  that basically will work if and only if it has network connectivity, is unable to just head to any one of many stable and well known time sources on the Internet and set the darn clock all by itself. It is causing me to wonder if HP still knows what they are doing. Meg Whitman of all people should know how important it is to have the correct time in commerce, and this HP gizmo is a fax machine that needs to know the exact time. Meg, did or does eBay allow the user to just pick a random time when they make a bid? Or does eBay use network time? Just wondering why you have not come down on this ridiculous flaw in one of your flagship products and had it fixed! You have demonstrated in the past that you know better!

HP Recommended

Worked! Thanks!!!

HP Recommended

:OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Thanks for the adivise on resetting time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.