Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a 850 xl ink cartridge for my HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus.  It is defective.  The paperwork in the box says there is a warranty, but does not give A CLUE as to how to go about getting a replacement cartridge.  I've spent now an hour hunting all over the internet and this forum looking for a solution with no success.  Why can't HP simply give the contact information on the cartridge box?  Are they afraid people are actually going to try to get replacement cartridges for their defective products?  I really resent this collossal waste of time.  

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi clarkrptg,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you are wanting to return defective ink, and I am happy to help!

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Hope this helps, and have a good day! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Today is March 24, 2017.

I recently purchased a HP officejet ink 951 for my pro 8600 premium printer.

spent over $88 including tax on this defective product.

And this is the authentic HP ink from Staples, Fremont CA. USA.

I called HP Customer Support contact number 800-474-6836.

Explained to the agent my issue.

Agent told me to listen up...

He sounded very demanding, very unprofessional and extremely judgemental.

He told me its not printing because it is not an authentic ink.

I told him yes it is.

I purchased product from Staples and they don't sell counterfit ink.

He insisted that printer should work if its an authentic ink.

I normally dont get any great results when my phone is outsourced to a foreign country.

He told me he was stationed in the Philippines and that he knows what his is talking about.

I told him, no doesn't know what his talking about because my ink is authentic.

And the conversation was already getting very agressive and unprofessional and suddenly,

he just hung up.

HP a branded name,

I cannot believe that your customer service support is being out sourced to the Philippines, of all places.

Customer Support is your primary contact to all HP customers like myself to and have such a very unprofessional agent taking the call and hanging on a customer is not the way to do business.

I've spent over $500 on my printer because I truly believe in HP products.

So I do expect to have quality agent when it comes to problem sovling.

I still have my defective ink and I still don't have any solution as to where to get a replacement ink.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

@ISABELLE94555

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Do not call HP customer service support number .
The agents do. It know how to help you.

They will not help you.

HP source their customer support to the Philippines and the agents are judgemental to callers from the USA.
They will not listen to the issues.

They will read their solution off a book
Rather than listen to you and help you with your problem or at least find help for you.

Do not call that number .

You're just talking to deaf ears .
HP Recommended

I am currently in the KSA and the link you provided cannot be accessed. How else am I supposed to  get a replacement cartridge??

HP Recommended

@kitkat1190

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.