Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cant seem to get my printer to print in draft:eco mode,i would like to set it as default as I print a lot of drawings for the kids.each time I try to set it it flicks back to normal!!

many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Use the HP Solution center to access the series properties and set the default print quality.

PQ.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

hello many thanks for your reply but where is the solution center??thanks

HP Recommended

You didn't identify your HP printer at all, so I am unable to give you explicit guidance.

Help me help you by identifying your HP printer with its product name or product number.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,thanks again its a hp deskjet 3050A thanks

HP Recommended

You are quite welcome. 🙂

The full feature software for recent printers should have the HP Solution Center as part of the software package.

If not, then you can set the default by right-clicking on the icon for your printer in Devices and printers and selecting Printing Preferences

PQ1.png

HP Recommended

Hi- I was looking for a solution to my "no draft mode" issue with the 3050A and saw this posting.

When you go to printing preferences, you can pull down the fast draft mode but the "button" for selecting draft is ghosty. I set it to fast draft anyway BUT when I looked up the "information" in Advanced, it says that normal and draft modes are each 300dpi.

So, is there not an official draft mode?

HP Recommended

This worked great- thank you so much

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.