Question

Top Student
palominokari
Message 1 of 6 (2,068 Views)

hp deskjet 1010

i have an hp deskjet 1010 printer and it is correctly installed and everytime i try to print anything it claims the printer is either un avaliable or not installed tried everything hp recommended and everything i could think of and nothing works

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 6 (2,057 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 1010

Sorry that you are having a problem with the printer. 

Run the print and scan doctor and check the results. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03275041

Try to disable your firewall and anti-virus and see if that helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Top Student
palominokari
Message 3 of 6 (2,008 Views)

I did the scan dr and printed the test page just fine checked all my fire walls and antiviruse and still can not use the printer it says the selected printer is not avaliable or not install correctly check your printer or try another print device i have uninstalled and re installed this printer seval times i have tried everything it has done this since the first day we bought it we have never been able to use it

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 4 of 6 (1,979 Views)

Hi palominokari,

I'm sorry to hear that the print and scan doctor didn't help find the issue.

I'm not sure which version of Windows that you are operating. When you installed the printer did you use HP's Printer Install Wizard?  I know you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but if you haven't used HP's Printer Install Wizard, let' uninstall and then reinstall using HP's Printer Install Wizard. That will ensure you have the correct driver for your printer and your operating system.

If you are confident that the software driver is correct, I have included a document for a 'Printer is offline' error message.

How Do I Find the Best Driver for My HP Printer in Windows 7 or Windows 8?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02681060

'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02221706

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
palominokari
Message 5 of 6 (1,904 Views)

I have windows vista and i have tried eveything everyone keeps suggesting and nothing has work i spent good money on this printer and i have to to get to use it even once 

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 6 (1,889 Views)

Hi palominokari

I understand you are unable to print from the Windows Vista but when running the Print and Scan Doctor it did print the test page.

Is this a desktop or laptop?

Make sure the printer is connected directly to the computer and the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet.

Check the default printer.
From the start menu, click control panel, open printers.

Which printer is showing the green check mark?

How many listings are showing for the Deskjet 1010?

Go to Solution four: Check the print driver and the port and continue through the document.

When a printer is connected by USB the computer recognizes it and it will show up in the device manager. Go to the device manager and look for the printer entry, might be other devices, unknown device, it might show up under universal serial bus controllers as USB printing support.
This document provides information to access the device manager.

How the printer is listed.

Please let me know the results.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation