hp deskjet 1051, can't find software download. please help. (18973 Views)
Honor Student
Nicola2
Message 1 of 11 (18,973 Views)

hp deskjet 1051, can't find software download. please help.

Hello, We recently bought 2 HP Deskjet 1051 printers, all in one, print, scan, copy. I can not install the software into my new computer because it does not have a CD slot. I tried everything on the Internet to download the software. But when I typed in the printer name and number it said on HP website that it could not find this printer. I also tried to follow the instructions on how to retrieve the exact printer information through connecting the USB cord with the printer and the computer. It started to download something but then it did not finish it and it seems like it did not get downloaded. I looked into all programs and it does not have HP printer in it. How can I download the software for my printer successfully? Can someone help me please?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 11 (18,952 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 1051, can't find software download. please help.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

One thing we REALY need to know is the operating system of your machine, what is it ? Without this info, we've got no clue how !

Well, it's too old perhaps, I can not find drivers for it even from Google.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
useridpassword5
Message 3 of 11 (18,918 Views)

:smileyhappy:

Hiya!,

I joined to help you! I bought this, yesterday, and was SHOCKED to see the disc says 1050! Before, even, trying to install the disc, I began searching for 1051 software on the net. When I couldn't find it, I used the 1050 disc, and it works!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Here's a link to the online software: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId...

Honor Student
Nicola2
Message 4 of 11 (18,900 Views)

Hello there, Thank you so much for helping me. I had the feeling that the manufacturer typed the number of my printer wrong and that it instead was the 1050 series. I will try this time to download the one you suggested. :heart:Nicola

Honor Student
Nicola2
Message 5 of 11 (18,893 Views)

Hello, Thank you for your reply. My computer is an Acer One with Microsoft Windows 7, its a 10.1 wide, most likely has the less storage in it, it says Windows 7 Starter, I assume that it is for the small computers which have less capacity. Someone else on this forum told me that my printer which says on the printer HP Deskjet 1051 is actually a 1050. So I tried to download the software of 1050 and after clicking the button download it said that this information could damage my computer. So I cancelled the download. Maybe my computer is not designed to download larger information like printers. I know nothing about computers, that's why I'm here asking for help. Thank you.

Student
pamela265
Message 6 of 11 (14,676 Views)

i need download on my printer hp 1051

Student
ebonyhill1
Message 7 of 11 (11,509 Views)

need help installing pinter without dist

Student
fadaa
Message 8 of 11 (4,915 Views)

hp deskjet 1051, can't find software download. please help.

Student
pussyfoot13
Message 9 of 11 (4,713 Views)

I am having the same problem. Can't find my disk to download my printer onto a new computer.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 10 of 11 (4,709 Views)

Sounds like you are looking for the software to install this printer again. I am going to link you to that software as well as include the instructions which will best aid you in adding this printer onto your computer. 

First if you use a USB cord, make sure to remove it (this is important). Do not plug it back in until the software directs you to. Then go through the Devices and Printers, Programs and Features and Device Manager folders and insure that all copies, files, and programs related to the printer are removed. Then as directed, restart the computer. 

In the START menu type "%temp%" and press ENTER. Here I want you to press Ctrl+A and hit DELETE. Some of the files will not allow you to delete them, skip those files and delete the majority that allows it. 

Download this file, and if optional use the Full-feature software. 

Install that and let me know the result! 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation