03-03-2014 10:22 AM
bought this new printer and it doesn't print at all. telling me ink cartridge is wrong. i've been using my supplier a long time with #61 ink. nothing has ever happened until i got THIS printer.....i've tried unpluging, resetting cart. nothing helps..help!
03-05-2014 09:27 AM
Hello @willolady ,
I just came across your post and noticed that your Deskjet 2540 is not printing due to an ink cartridge issue or error saying the cartridge is wrong.
I saw you mention that you have an ink supplier, and would like to know if you are using Genuine HP or refilled or remanufactured ink? In the case you may be using the remanufactured ink, I would like to share some information with you. I also have the troubleshooting guide for you to use for this issue. If the problem still persists by the time you are done the steps, you will notice in the guide it will state to service the printer, so at that point call HP's Technical Support to inquire about your options.
Troubleshooting guide: The Carriage Jams and the Attention Light and Both Cartridge Lights Blink
If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.
I hope this helps.
03-05-2014 10:19 AM
03-11-2014 09:11 AM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)