Question

Tutor
willolady
Message 1 of 5 (349 Views)

hp deskjet 2540 in windows 8 not printing

bought this new printer and it doesn't print at all. telling me ink cartridge is wrong. i've been using my supplier a long time with #61 ink. nothing has ever happened until i got THIS printer.....i've tried unpluging, resetting cart. nothing helps..help!

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 5 (328 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 2540 in windows 8 not printing

Hello @willolady ,

I just came across your post and noticed that your Deskjet 2540 is not printing due to an ink cartridge issue or error saying the cartridge is wrong.

I saw you mention that you have an ink supplier, and would like to know if you are using Genuine HP or refilled or remanufactured ink? In the case you may be using the remanufactured ink, I would like to share some information with you. I also have the troubleshooting guide for you to use for this issue. If the problem still persists by the time you are done the steps, you will notice in the guide it will state to service the printer, so at that point call HP's Technical Support to inquire about your options.

Troubleshooting guide: The Carriage Jams and the Attention Light and Both Cartridge Lights Blink

Can I Refill my HP Ink Cartridge?

Page Yield/Reliability Comparison

If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
willolady
Message 3 of 5 (318 Views)

thanks, i tried all that. power - on, wi-fi bars are all showing, blinking still on black cartridge. cartridges are bought re-manufactured from 4inkjets.com. they keep telling me to unplug, take cartridge out and reset everything - doesn't work either so i thought i would turn to you smart people...thanks again..
Tutor
willolady
Message 4 of 5 (313 Views)

i'm going to call that 800 number foor HP help. thanks again.
Tutor
willolady
Message 5 of 5 (283 Views)

Thanks for all your help. I did all what you sent. Then I called the cartridge co. They are sending out replacement refills. It seems that there was no little sticky tape over the contacts I always thought was strange. So there was the MAJOR problem. Thanks again for all your help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation