hp deskjet 2540 will not print, scan dr keep saying reinstall (114 Views)
Student
melty
Message 1 of 1 (114 Views)

hp deskjet 2540 will not print, scan dr keep saying reinstall

[ Edited ]

I cannot print from my deskjet 2540, I am using ie11 and have tried everything I can think off to get it to work. The scan dr just says reinstall, which i have done numerous times. I have the printer as default and can see the whole hp set up listed. I have tried doing it wirelessly and by usb and nothing has worked. I have read the forums and tried all solutions but to no avail. I am on the point of returning this printer as never have I had such a problem with an installation. Please can anyone help with this situation.

Okay I have been onto chat twice and did remote assistance twice, both times they accessed my laptop and the printer worked, as soon as I logged off from chat, I couldn't print anymore.

I have never known such time and trouble trying to install a printer, I have tried every single thing I could think of, remote assistance even installed a generic driver a completely different printer, changed ip address and generally went through everything i had already tried, which took 3 hrs all in. To say I am totally fed up with it all is an understatement, so have now packed up printer and will be returning it and will be glad to see the back of it. I therefore do not need any help to recitify this appaling situation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation