hp deskjet 5550 wont print!! (4198 Views)
Honor Student
Patricia0684
Message 1 of 5 (4,198 Views)

hp deskjet 5550 wont print!!

i have a hp deskjet 5550 that i cant figure out what the problem is! it worked fine until recently and i cant seem to find the manual to assess the probem myself! when trying to print there is a button that shows a piece of paper with the corner folded over and beside that an arrow pointing down the orange light beside this flashes which is not regular and the printer isnt out of paper! when i pushed the button the ink cartridge slides back and forth and makes an awful clunking noise and then the orange light starts flashing agian! please help thanks!!

Top Student
Albert-O
Message 2 of 5 (4,180 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 5550 wont print!!

The button that shows a piece of paper with the corner folded over is the Resume button. If the light next to it is blinking is might indicate one of the following:

1. The printer is out of paper (not your current problem since you mentioned that the printer tray is loaded).

2. There is a paper jam.  If this is the case, clear the paper jam and and press the Resume button.

3. The print was set to be double-sided.  If this is the problem, the printer is waiting for you to indicate that the paper has been flipped and is ready to be printed on the other side.  Flip the paper as indicated in the manual (adding a link below) and press the Resume button.

Link to the Manual: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=71896&

* Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
* Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

* Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. *
HP does not assume any responsibility or liability for the advice given.
Honor Student
netiskami
Message 3 of 5 (3,608 Views)

I have a problem identical to Patricia0684. I use it at home what means not every day – for the reason of very expensive cartridges too. The day before troubles began, I printed a few color prints for friends and I had to replace the color cartridge as it is gone empty. After change the test print was faultless as well as some following printouts. I also shut down my computer and some Windows update had been downloaded , so I "Shut down after installing updates". The next day I had to fill a form and wanted a printout for my record. The troubles started- HP Deskjet 5550 started ejecting blank pages each time I set to print.

As usual first I shut down all and restart my PC after a while. Same thing happened – the screen picture of cartridges level appeared and supposed to be printing – blank page again. I went down to see all the settings. No effect. I disconnected printer, uninstalled the driver – reinstalling strictly following the wizard procedure from original CD and from net. No success anyway. I send a call for support to HP- but no answer or suggestion.

For some observations I presume that there must be some conflict on USB Printing Support driver after so many Win updates.

Proper suggestions appreciated.

Student
cforsch
Message 4 of 5 (1,532 Views)

There is no paper jam.  The computer and printer have been reset a number of times.  The light stays on for a paper jam or out of paper.  There is paper in the printer.  I cannot get it to print.  The cradle moves back and forth to reset.  I have tried everything but cannot get the lights to go off or the printer to print.  :smileyhappy: 

Student
Stephanesal
Message 5 of 5 (373 Views)

The printer worked fine ! then it stoped printing no lights flashing no error message at all

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation