Question

Honor Student
Hillyerag
Message 1 of 4 (102 Views)

hp deskjet 8600 print card stock

New Hp 8600 Deskjet Pro- Will not pickup and print 110# cardstock. Essential to my business. Tried most forums ideas with no luck

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 4 (79 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 8600 print card stock

Hello Hillyerag,
Welcome to the HP Forums.

I understand you're having issues printing on 110lb cardstock with the Officejet 8600 pro. I will do what I can to help out.

You mention having attempted some of the "ideas" on the HP Forums. Which have you tried so far?

When printing the cardstock, are you doing this from a computer? If so, what is the operating system of the computer?
Mac - Finding your OS X version and build information
Windows - Which Windows operating system am I running?

What is the size of the cardstock you're using?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Hillyerag
Message 3 of 4 (75 Views)

Yes I finally got it to print 110# white card stock from Staples. It will still hiccup quite often and not want to pick up. What I did was run 100 sheets of regular paper through as blank copies and keep the paper level just at or below the middle of tray. Sometimes when it stops and can't pickup , I have to pull out tray and slightly wet paper on edge seems to help. My old 8500 had no trouble with this paper, Iif there is a firmware fix I need it. If not then HP should man up and let everyone know what the issues are. This machine specs say it will print on this type of paper. Thanks for your reply

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 4 of 4 (63 Views)

Hey,

It's really good to see you were able to get the 110lb cardstock to start picking!

In regards to the firmware, I do have some steps you can follow to ensure you have the latest update.
Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates , this will help you in how to do that.
As a suggestion you could also leave the updates on automatic so they will be updated to the printer, as HP releases new fixes for issues.

Also, as a finally tip if it isn't already you may want to look into having the printer plugged directly into a wall out to ensure the printer has adequate power.

I hope all of these tips help, and that you have a great weekend. Please feel free to repost if you have any further questions!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation