12-12-2013 07:32 AM
Ok so here's my issue. I have an hp envy 4500 and two computers. a windows 8.1 desktop and laptop. I setup the printer, I ran the driver setup on my laptop and I can print easily on my laptop. But my desktop will not find the printer. My desktop is connected to the network through a wired connection unlike my laptop which is on the same wireless access point as the printer. While the my desktop is still connected to the same router as my printer and laptop is, it's just getting there through a wire. My problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my desktop to find the printer on the network and install it. I've searched on the internet but nothing has worked so far. I've tried typing in the ip address of the printer in the driver setup but that didn't work. My desktop should be able to see it since its all part of the same network wired or wireless right?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)