Question

Student
I_like_Printers
Message 1 of 2 (568 Views)

hp envy 4500

Hello!  

I have a HP ENvy 4500 and I got it to the set up where I'm trying to wirelessly connect my printer to my computer.  When it checks the enviroment for the printer it shows that my printer is found on the network, BUT when it tries to "Instal Network Printer"  It tells me that the printer was unable to install.

I dont' have a usb cord connected to my computer because I assumed that I wouldn't need it with a wireless connection. I'd like to keep it that way.

hopefully someone can help :s

Master's Graduate
Prv_1N
Message 2 of 2 (504 Views)

Re: hp envy 4500

Sorry to hear that you are unable to install the software for your printer. If you are still experiencing the problem with the software install then please follow the steps in the document below to install the software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03753241

Does the software installation prompt you for Printer’s IP address? Also does the printer control panel display wireless network status?

Let me know how this goes.

Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs up icon in the post
Please mark reply as "Accept as Solution" if it solved the problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation