09-06-2013 02:53 PM
I have a HP ENvy 4500 and I got it to the set up where I'm trying to wirelessly connect my printer to my computer. When it checks the enviroment for the printer it shows that my printer is found on the network, BUT when it tries to "Instal Network Printer" It tells me that the printer was unable to install.
I dont' have a usb cord connected to my computer because I assumed that I wouldn't need it with a wireless connection. I'd like to keep it that way.
hopefully someone can help :s
09-25-2013 06:50 AM
Sorry to hear that you are unable to install the software for your printer. If you are still experiencing the problem with the software install then please follow the steps in the document below to install the software:
Does the software installation prompt you for Printer’s IP address? Also does the printer control panel display wireless network status?
Let me know how this goes.
Please mark reply as "Accept as Solution" if it solved the problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)