Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy 5530
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

How do i reset my login for administrator and password for hp envy 5530? i cant change any settings after i set a password. prior to setting the password, i didnt recall setting up an administrator login.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Where did you put password on your printer ? I can't find it any where ! Anyway, please try:

(a) Touch Set uo (top right icon),

(b) Touch Tools,

(c) Touch arrow down to go to the next screen,

(d) Touch Restore Factory Defaults.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
I was changing the settings online
HP Recommended

The problem (for me) is in setting up the new printer, I was on the web page for the printer, under the Settings tab, and entered a password on the security / password settings

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 6.49.17 PM.png

Now I have no access because despite the fact that I set the password originally using my password keeper, that pasword doesn't get me past either of these screens.

I tried the "reset to factory", but that appears not to actually reset the printer to factory, since all of the network and other settings stick even after powering off.

More than a little irritated with support for talking me into a printer that has fewer features than my prior printer, and now has this annoying problem.

HP Recommended

hp envy 5530 administrator and password

Hi

just to let you know you are not on your own.

I have done the same thing. and am locked out of my setting.

I was asked to set up a password, and I did I use the same password for this kind of settins, so I wont for get it.

go to change settins for web sevices and asked for password I type it in and it dont work.

I get the same as you

please can some one help me.

how do I reset administrators password

link below shows the web page Im lock out of.

how do I reset administrators password

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/123490i6312F91B84AC8FE7/image-size/original?v...

Hi rob_weaver

id you ever get this sorted, if you did could you let mow how you did it.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Try this.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03278373

But I noticed if I tried to print from my iPhone it wanted a password but try from the original wifi source and it just prints straight off.

Good luck.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.