Question

Student
paulchem
Message 1 of 15 (22,448 Views)

hp officejet 4500 won't print

I downloaded the drivers and installed them. I linked the usb cord to the desktop. My computer is not recognizing the printer. What did i do wrong.
Honor Student
NashVilla
Message 2 of 15 (22,420 Views)

Re: hp officejet 4500 won't print

--You need to plug in the usb cable after the software prompts you to. Then the installation will be successful.

--If the istallation is successful, then check in the Device Manger-Universal Serial Bus Controllers-Composite devices. If this entry is not proper, then run the following batch file. 

Start-Run-(type in) %temp% - (Check for a folder starting with 7z... folder) - ccc- util- bin- unistall_l1.bat

--Make sure the composite devices entry in the device manager is clean without any yellow or red bands

--If not the usb connection is faulty

--try connecting the usb to different port

--also try with a different usb cable

--Always make sure the usb cable is not more than 5 feet.

Student
cdgo4th65
Message 3 of 15 (20,711 Views)

Purchased this 4500 for my mother to use primarily as a copier. It will Not normally be connected to a computer. Loaded the ink, calibrated the ink, put the printed page on the scanner to scan, printed that page and it was the last page it ever printed. I hooked up my laptop to it to sse if I got any error message. There are none. I got on the HP website and used the printer utility tool to diagnose a problem, it said there is no problem. Yet here I set, 45 minutes later with the power button blinking, paper fed in, and the status screen saying printing....oh, now it is in power save mode.

Why will no one replace this lemon for me???? It does not work!!!!!! Since it is still under factory warranty, trade me out one!!!! All we want is a working printer with out going thru the hole unplug plug do this do that so called help desk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honor Student
db1234db1234
Message 4 of 15 (20,368 Views)

cdgo4th65 - You just described my problem to the letter!  I cannot find the fix...did you?????

Student
jcash112002
Message 5 of 15 (16,924 Views)

My printer (Officejet 4500 deskjet) will not print. I've reinstalled the software and reset the printer and it still doesn't print.

Teacher
YanaIce
Message 6 of 15 (16,638 Views)

Hello ....

Are you getting any error message on the display UI? Can you describe to me what happens exactly when you hit "print"?

Thanks

" Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
. "
Student
jdawg81
Message 7 of 15 (15,717 Views)

Mine printer does the same thing... You hit print it begins to feed the paper and when it comes time to print it just stops. The lights flash at you and will never print a thing. You cant even fix it through the HP online update. 3rd HP printer with nothing but problems. never buying another one.

Student
FoodDoc
Message 8 of 15 (15,406 Views)

Installed HP officejet 4500 today using USB connnection to Laptop, Dell Inspiron \/Windows 7. Connection ok. Can print using Word 2007 but can't print emails.

Student
colourgirl
Message 9 of 15 (13,839 Views)

Student
wmkhand
Message 10 of 15 (12,691 Views)

I just purchased this printer. It will not just print a document. I have pushed every button. I will never use the fax part so I did not connect the phone line. Otherwise, it is set up correctly. It will copy and print. What do I need to do to get it to print? Thanks (P.S. I guess I bought the wrong machine)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation