04-15-2011 12:05 PM
Okay, I have the same issue discussed in this question. Each time my computer(apple) goes to sleep the printer will not work when the computer wakes up. I need to delete the printer from the printer fax , shut it down, unplug, wait 15 seconds, plug the printer back in, turn it on and install the printer again. This happens everyday!! HP tells me that there is a known problem with the 6500 wireless and that they are working on a solution. I am still waiting to find out the solution, I put the message here because I am very irritated that I need to go through this process daily. What is HP doing to solve the problem?
06-08-2011 09:04 PM
I had the same problem. While the printer was on, I manually moved the print head assembly to the center and removed some crumpled paper to the far right of the head assembly track. I also removed a paper jam in the normal paper path – Problem solved
10-16-2011 10:06 PM
It's all lies and innuendo. No one really knows what this is.
I just opened the printer and closed it and then continued with what I was doing and it finally came around.
01-03-2012 09:59 AM
HP Officejet 6500 wireless. does not scan, fax or print. General Printer Error 0x61011bed oUR PRINTER HAS BEEN RUNNING WELL FOR SEVERAL YEARS. Help this is a business.
02-04-2012 02:23 PM
While printing, a sheet of paper jammed. I removed the torn paper easily from the front, checked the back loader and could see nothing more. However, a small amount of paper may still be in the mechanism????
I now get error message "Check printer documentation 0x6101 1bec. I have read some of the other suggested solutions for this error message but none seem to work.
Please help - My husband and I both run businesses from home and it is imperative to get this thing going again.
03-04-2012 08:54 AM
Could appears on these printers:
- HP Photosmart D5460, D5463, et D5468
- HP Officejet 6500
- With the printer power on, disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Remove the ink cartridges
- Unplug the power cord. Wait for at least 1 minute. Plug the unit back in (press the power button if necessary)
- Wait for the "Insert Cartridges" message. Reinstall the cartridges
Close the product doors
- If you receive a recalibration message, allow the printer to complete this task
- Reconnect the USB cable
- Try your print job again
- Plug it directly into the wall, rather than into a UPS.
- Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect the USB/Ethernet cable from the All-in-One and also disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.
- Check for the functionality.
- Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
- Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.
- Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One
- Power off
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet (should always power off first using the power button).
- Remove the back piece and putting it back, making sure it's well adjusted.
- Removed the piece where the printed paper land, and putting bac.
Solution 5: fixing carriage jam on HP Officejet 6500
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)