Question

Honor Student
skstore7
Message 1 of 40 (79,128 Views)

hp officejet 6500 error-general printer error

I am getting a General Printer Error- (0x61011beb) and (0x61011bec)

I cannot print, copy, or scan anything.  Help!! This is a business and I must have my machine working!

Student
CSA-MI
Message 2 of 40 (79,045 Views)

Re: hp officejet 6500 error-general printer error

Hi,

My CEO has got a new HP OfficeJet 6500 and he can't use it since there is always an error message when he tries to either print,scan,copy,etc...

General error 0x610000F6

Please help urgently since it's for business reason .

Thanks a lot.

LAM Honor Student
Honor Student
LAM
Message 3 of 40 (78,948 Views)

I just bought this printer last week. It was fine the first week. Then all of a sudden, it starts giving wrong paper type or size error, then the feeder starts grabbing the paper wrong and they get jammed. Now I am getting this 0x610000f6. These are the same papers I used last week..This printer hasn't even printed 200 papers yet. Please help!!
LAM Honor Student
Honor Student
LAM
Message 4 of 40 (78,943 Views)

I did a few things to see whether this error would go away:

1) power off

2) unplug the power cable from the wall outlet (should always power off first using the power button).

3) remove the back piece and putting it back, making sure it's well adjusted.

4) I also removed the piece where the printed paper land, and putting back but I am sure this step was not necessary.

5) I also noticed that I had a paper left in the scanner from earlier, and I removed it. I don't know why this would matter here, but I thought I'd mention.

I don't know if any of what I did really helped clear the problem, but the printer is working again. I'll keep an eye to see whether this happens again..In any case, I thought I'd share this in case I did do something to clear this.

Intern
Violator
Message 5 of 40 (78,191 Views)

CSA-MI:

General error 0x610000F6 actually is a Carriage Jam issue

Click Here for troubleshooting. If it doesnt work Call HP Tech support.

Top Student
zlftcav
Message 6 of 40 (70,720 Views)

Had this same problem for 3 days, eliminated paper jams, carriage jams, cartridge problems and moved the power from my UPS to the wall socket; Problem solved! Not usre why, I've been running the printer off my UPS for a year now without problems; all of a sudden, 16 days after I'm out of warranty I can't use the UPS to filter my power to the printer. Who knows, all I care is it works!

Student
Message 7 of 40 (66,584 Views)

CSA-MI wrote:

Hi,

My CEO has got a new HP OfficeJet 6500 and he can't use it since there is always an error message when he tries to either print,scan,copy,etc...

General error 0x610000F6

Please help urgently since it's for business reason .

Thanks a lot.

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 8 of 40 (62,390 Views)

Here is the video for the Officejet 6500 Carriage Jam

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Student
cellen
Message 9 of 40 (61,469 Views)

I had a paper jam and cleared the piece of paper.  Now I am getting a general printer error.  I have turned the printer off and on.

Student
AXL001
Message 10 of 40 (61,083 Views)

After about 3 hours of trouble shooting,clearing paper, cleaning printer head, phone call to HP support etc, HP advised to return product for replacement.

Really needing the printer, I persevered and found this forum and followed the "fix a carriage jam" video- one step that all other forums and HP support failed to mention was to check everything thoroughly with a torch. After doing this, I found a piece of paper jammed up in the far right hand corner, I couldn't see the paper before.

Binary _Zen, I can't thank you enough, pity the HP staff member who helped me didn't advise me to go step by step as per the video. This has saved me having to return the product and being without a printer for an extended period of time as the retailer has none in stock. What a waste of resources this could of been.

Once again - THANX :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation