03-09-2013 12:31 PM
I am the unfortunate owner of HP’s Officejet 6500A. I have called customer service many times on this garbage heap. I have purchased the next day care replacement. I have been left on hold for hours. I work full time and have 3 kids, live in the country and have crappy phone service so either I have had a child melt down to deal with, hand the call dropped, needed to quit the phone call make dinner, they each have me do all the reset steps. It prints a page or 2 nice I hang up and it stops working again. I have the next day replacement service but have never been able to get them to send me a replacement printer even after hours on the phone. This is the 3rd piece of HP crap I have owned and the 3rd time I have had the "pleasure" of experiencing HP's lack of service. They rely on the fact you are busy and by the time you get around to having the time to sit for hours listening to their worthless techs your warranty will have expired or almost so when the do send you a rebuilt POS that it is not even the same model you had and it dies in the first 3 months they have the excuse that there is not a new warranty on the replacement printer so you are SOL. SO I bought a new on more $ better model individual colors etc. It did not last 2 months. I am on my second set of ink due to the print head cleaning and alignments I have done to get 1-5 good pages. So unless you have lots of time to spend for no service and enjoy have a large black shelf ornament that requires you go to staples to pick up your copies, HP is NOT the brand printer I would recommend!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation