hp officejet 7500 e910 (986 Views)
Top Student
tina3
Message 1 of 13 (986 Views)

hp officejet 7500 e910

my hp officejet 7500 e910 had a paper jam, which was CLEARED, but the error won't go away and it won't let me print.  I've powered off, unplugged, tried to trick it to print a report... nothing works... and yes I am sure there is no paper still jammed in the printer

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 13 (977 Views)

Re: hp officejet 7500 e910

Hi tina3,

Can you give me the exact error message? 

Can you describe the jam and how you cleared it?

Did the page tear or was it intact? 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
tina3
Message 3 of 13 (974 Views)

it just says "open the printer-cartrige access door clear the jam, and then press ok.

my son had the jam and he cleared it.  I believe he lifted the lid and pulled out the page. I asked him if the paper tore when he cleared it, and he said no it was intact.  I said are you sure the corner wasn't ripped or anything. he said no.  I have, since then, gone over the inside of the machine with a fine tooth comb. I have even put the crevis attachment on my vacuum and run it over the inside to make sure there were no little pieces stuck some where.

It just seems like there is a sensor that did not properly reset.  I was hoping there is a reset command or button.

NOt sure if it matters, but he was making 5 two sided copies at the time.  He had made the first side and it jamed on the third page of second side. 

It will not print or copy. 

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 4 of 13 (964 Views)

It sounds like you were thorough with your cleaning.  I am going to link a troubleshooting document for Carriage Jams.  Click Here  I recommend that you follow the steps to make sure no places were missed.  A flashlight is very helpful.  Be sure and check the area on the other side of the resting place for the carriage when not printing.  That is a good place for paper to hide.  There is a reset explained in the document.  Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
tina3
Message 5 of 13 (962 Views)

I had already done all of the steps... except one (more later) that were directed in the steps... but I did them all over again anyway. 

The one step was the printer carriage.  Mine is all the way over to the right and absolutely won't budge. I could pop up magenta and cyan (by reaching my finger under the housing), then I pushed them down in place, but i could not take them out.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 6 of 13 (956 Views)

Try doing a hard reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  When the printer powers back up and you hear the carriage moving, open the carriage access door and if the carriage is out of the docking station, pull the power cord from the back of the printer.  Then check the corner on the other side of the docking station for paper or debris.

If it doesn't move from the docking station try running the clean printhead utility.  If the carriage moves out of the docking station, pull the power cord from the back of the printer and check out that corner.  To get to the utility, press the right arrow button on the control screen of the printer and then Setup / Tools / Clean Printhead.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Honor Student
idlinea
Message 7 of 13 (920 Views)

My printer works fine with all kind of media and size - print, scan and fax. I would like to have fax activity report or confirmation printed out. when unabled in the fax setup, it displays....printing.., and then ....paper jam". I can even get a video how to clear the jam. The problem is that THERE IS NO JAM AT ALL. I have just to pres the "X" on the touch screen, the letter size sheet comes out and I am ready to go - printing, scanning, faxing- both ways.

I just can't archive and have a proof about my faxes.

Please, help! I couldn't find any settings to be changed or altered. I have tried  when being in the setup to request "print the last transmission" - same result (paper jam message without paper jam)

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 8 of 13 (900 Views)

Hi idlinea,

Are you saying that all printing, copying and faxing works fine.  The only problem you are having is when you try to generate a fax report.  Anytime you try to generate the report you receive a false Paper Jam message.  If this is true, I would recommend doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here 

If that doesn't resolve the problem, the next step would be a semi full reset.  If successful, this would reset the printer to factory defaults and clear the memory.  If the printer was on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be reconnected.  If you want to give this a try, I can send the steps to you in a private message to your HP Forums in-box.  I would need you to agree not to publish the steps.  Let me know what you decide.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Honor Student
idlinea
Message 9 of 13 (899 Views)

Thanks Rich1,

I will try the hard reset tomorrow and will let you know if it worked. You are right- I just receive a false Paper Jam message.

Enjoy the evening

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 10 of 13 (887 Views)

Thank you.  I'll wait to hear from you. 

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation