hp officejet j3680 all-in-one stuck in fax at power up, will not reset or install with fresh drivers (365 Views)
Student
hr962d
Message 1 of 2 (365 Views)

hp officejet j3680 all-in-one stuck in fax at power up, will not reset or install with fresh drivers

[ Edited ]

I have a HP Officejet J3680 All-in-one device that I'm trying to reinstall it using the usb cable

no matter what i do after power on it comes up in fax mode and will not allow any change

i have tried a reset technique removing and reinstalling the power cord with "3" and "#" pressed until it starts up

I have removed all printer icons from the printer folder

I have cleared all print jobs and stopped and restarted teh print spooler under "services.msc"

my laptop is running on windows vista premium home edition

the numbers on the back are [Personal Information Removed]  and  CB071A  and  (RH-01)

i have tried to use the original installation disk which comes up with a fatal error and leads me to a solution file for vista, that failed to produce results so i went to the hp site and tried what i presume was the latest driver download for this specific printer.  that one failed at the point after it directed me to connect the usb cable but it could not recognize the printer.

as i said i tried resetting, i also tried the printer help menu but every option said there was no connection

so, i'm stuck with a printer that is stuck in "fax", any thoughts?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 2 (340 Views)

Re: hp officejet j3680 all-in-one stuck in fax at power up, will not reset or install with fresh dri

I hate to be the bear of bad news, but if you've done everything you can do for this one.  If the printer's stuck on the fax screen, then it's not going to let the computer recognize it.  And there's nothing else you can do to clear the message.  Sorry, but it's just time for a new one.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation