06-27-2012 05:17 PM - last edited on 07-19-2012 03:26 PM by MrMatthew
I have a HP Officejet J3680 All-in-one device that I'm trying to reinstall it using the usb cable
no matter what i do after power on it comes up in fax mode and will not allow any change
i have tried a reset technique removing and reinstalling the power cord with "3" and "#" pressed until it starts up
I have removed all printer icons from the printer folder
I have cleared all print jobs and stopped and restarted teh print spooler under "services.msc"
my laptop is running on windows vista premium home edition
the numbers on the back are [Personal Information Removed] and CB071A and (RH-01)
i have tried to use the original installation disk which comes up with a fatal error and leads me to a solution file for vista, that failed to produce results so i went to the hp site and tried what i presume was the latest driver download for this specific printer. that one failed at the point after it directed me to connect the usb cable but it could not recognize the printer.
as i said i tried resetting, i also tried the printer help menu but every option said there was no connection
so, i'm stuck with a printer that is stuck in "fax", any thoughts?
07-19-2012 03:20 PM
I hate to be the bear of bad news, but if you've done everything you can do for this one. If the printer's stuck on the fax screen, then it's not going to let the computer recognize it. And there's nothing else you can do to clear the message. Sorry, but it's just time for a new one.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation