Question

Student
alaneagle1
Message 1 of 19 (14,475 Views)

hp officejet pro 8600 plus goes offline every time I shut down system and startup

hp officejet pro 8600 plus goes offline every time I shut down system and startup   

I have had toi reinstall every time I start up computer. 

Problem just appeard and was working great until a few weeks ago

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 19 (14,456 Views)

alaneagle1

This article should help with your printer offline error:
http://goo.gl/9C0fo

Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
saregister
Message 3 of 19 (12,158 Views)

Re: hp officejet pro 8600 plus goes offline every time I shut down system and startup

No.  This does not "SOLVE" the problem.  To solve the problem, the root cause of the problem needs to be found.  I've had to several times go manually power down my printer and power it back up because it frequently decides to stop communicating with the rest of the network and show up as offline when trying to print documents.  There is an inherent problem in the printer's firmware that is causing this.  Of that I am certain.  It's an absolute waste of my time to have me uninstalling and reinstalling drivers/software on my PC and constantly having to power cycle my computer(s) in order just print a document.  There needs to be either (A) a way to send a command to force the printer back to an online state or (B) the printer needs to have it's firmware fixed so that it does not constantly go offline.  This is not the first HP printer I've had that experienced this problem either.  It may be the last however because I'm tired of dealing with the constant headache of having to monkey with the printer for 5 minutes to a few hours just to print a page or two that should take less than a minute in the first place. 

Honor Student
coolerbill
Message 4 of 19 (11,683 Views)

Re: hp officejet pro 8600 plus goes offline every time I shut down system and startup

I have this EXACT same problem and it's driving me crazy! as well i have about 3 or 4 instances of them that won't delete I've added the printer in every way possible, i've done it manually by ip, ive done the auto network detect.  There's also 2 or three instances in the network detect which is odd but i've tried both of those.  

Honor Student
thesol5
Message 5 of 19 (11,625 Views)

I am also experiencing this issue but it is very intermittent.  Sometimes it will work for weeks and other times its offline everyday after reboot.  HP please help us out here.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 19 (11,592 Views)

Hello

After the printer is setup on the wireless network again I would follow the document  for Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

Solution two: Assign the printer an automatic static IP address should resolve the issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03781399&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I would also update the printers firmware. Solution three: Update the printer.

You could check the causes of wireless connection issues at the bottom on url.

Make sure the routers updates are all done.

Here are some router setting to check that might also be helpful.

The router company would  be able to assist you with these steps.
The wpa  key setting needs to be on aes to work correctly not tkip.
If it is set to 64 bit enchyrtian then change it to 128 bit.
Mutli casting needs to be turned on.
If it is set to 5 ghz network you may need to change to 2.4 ghz.

I also included this url for wireless printing center.

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/wireless/wireless-network-help.html

Let me know if this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Student
JPOD
Message 7 of 19 (10,922 Views)

I just installed the 8600 on my laptop; it prints fine.  I installed the sw on a 2nd laptop, and it first printed fine.  Now it sees the printer as "offline".   My laptop still works fine with the printer.   The printer is fine with one, is offline with the other.

My laptop is XP; the second one is Win7.

First one was not rebooted; second was probably was rebooted; if that matters.

Does anyone in HP tech support read these forums?   Is there a fix available?

Thanks,

Student
Hydropower
Message 8 of 19 (10,890 Views)

Just installed the new printer (8600 plus) and in the control panel, hardware and sound, devices and printers there is two 8600 listed.  One is the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 (Network) and the other is the Fax - HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 (Network).....both are in the offline status.  I am able to print and scan even with the offline status, and I do not understant why they are showing offline.  They also show offline in the PC Settings under Devices.  Please let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks!

Windows 8 OS

Intel i7 processor

HP Envy

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 9 of 19 (10,808 Views)

Hi folks,

I understand you are both seeing your Officejet 8600's as "offline". I am going to recommend troubleshooting the problem by following a guide I have located. I will post it below for both of you.

Printer Offline

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Student
Jake_Rachon
Message 10 of 19 (10,280 Views)

HP Printers are now utter garbage.  Having to constantly reboot, reinstall software to keep a stupid printer online is ridiculous.  Instead of workarounds to keep you happy for a day, why doesn't HP actually FIX THE PROBLEM.  The medical company I work for spends tons of money on HP printers...NOT ANYMORE!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation