09-28-2010 04:22 PM
I installed hp photosmart C5550 onto new laptop w/ Windows 7. Computer and printer won't communicate via USB. Can't locate disk to do an uninstall and re-install. I have two printers in different residences and I desperately need them to function. Printers worked great with old lap top. Ideas/Suggestions.
09-28-2010 04:34 PM
Here is the software for Win7 and your printer.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
02-21-2011 06:00 PM
I just recently came across a bluetooth usb flashstick for my HP c5550 printer. I already installed windows 7 a long time ago. I have had no problems using my printer with the USB cable from the printer to my computer. My problem is that I would like to use the printer with a wirless connection.(using the bluetooth that came with the printer) However, my printer will not communicate with my computer. I have read that this is a common problem for this with this printer model with windows 7. I have tried installing updated drivers for windows 7 and drivers for my printer but nothing seems to help. Even the person from HP support could not help.
I read on the HP website that if I installed this patch PS AIO 04 C5500 NonNet Full Win WW 130 140 exe. this would fix the problem. So far it has not.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)