Question

Student
doublediamondcv
Message 1 of 3 (840 Views)

hp photosmart C5550 and new laptop won't communicate

I  installed  hp photosmart C5550 onto new laptop w/ Windows 7.  Computer and printer won't communicate via USB. Can't locate disk to do an uninstall and re-install. I have two printers in different residences and I desperately need them to function. Printers worked great with old lap top. Ideas/Suggestions. 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 3 (836 Views)

Re: hp photosmart C5550 and new laptop won't communicate

Here is the software for Win7 and your printer.

I am employed by HP
Student
sandy1jazz
Message 3 of 3 (724 Views)

Re: hp photosmart C5550 and new laptop won't communicate

I just recently came across a bluetooth usb flashstick for my HP c5550 printer. I already installed windows 7 a long time ago. I have had no problems using my printer with the USB cable from the printer to my computer. My problem is that I would like to use the printer with a wirless connection.(using the bluetooth that came with the printer) However, my printer will not communicate with my computer. I have read that this is a common problem for this with this printer model with windows 7. I have tried installing updated drivers for windows 7  and drivers for my printer but nothing seems to help. Even the person from HP support could not help.

I read on the HP website that if I installed this patch      PS AIO 04 C5500 NonNet Full Win WW 130 140 exe. this would fix the problem. So far it has not.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation