Question

Honor Student
DanaL
Message 1 of 4 (300 Views)

hp psc 1210 won't print although it scans and copies ok.

Hello,

I just bought a ASUS laptop with Windows 8. It recognized my HP psc 1210 printer and added the printer ok. I can use the printer to scan a photo or make copies of a page ok, but it won't print. It says the printer is ready. But when I tried to print, nothing happens, the document is in the queue forever.

When I ran the troubleshooter, it says my laptop has USB 3.0 and it is not compatible with old USB 2.0 cable. But why does my printer scan and copy ok, but not print?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dana

Teacher
vthapa
Message 2 of 4 (292 Views)

Re: hp psc 1210 won't print although it scans and copies ok.

Interesting that you are able to scan using the USB 3.0, For making copy it doesn't matter to which OS or USb port the printer is connected to as it doesn't interact with the PC while making a copy. Do you have any other USB port which is not blue in color as USB 3.0 is typically colored in blue..
Honor Student
DanaL
Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)

Hi,

Thank you so much. Yes, I have two USB ports that are not in blue. I used one of them and reset my printer and remove the printer from my laptop and eventually it started printing! I really appreciate your help!!

Dana

vthapa wrote:
Interesting that you are able to scan using the USB 3.0, For making copy it doesn't matter to which OS or USb port the printer is connected to as it doesn't interact with the PC while making a copy. Do you have any other USB port which is not blue in color as USB 3.0 is typically colored in blue..

Teacher
vthapa
Message 4 of 4 (277 Views)

Glad it worked...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation