Question

Student
b_white
Message 1 of 8 (11,210 Views)

hp psc 2210 and windows 7

Is there any way to get a new setup disk or download new drivers that would make this printer compatible with Windows 7?  I just purchased a new laptop and am trying to do the initial install of the printer and keep getting an error message.

[quote]Your system doesn't meet one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this device.

The installation cannot continue.  Please click Cancel to exit setup.  Refer to your device's user documentation for system requirements.[/quote]

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 8 (11,201 Views)

Re: hp psc 2210 and windows 7

There is already a basic driver in windows 7 for this printer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01796879&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=794...

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Student
hubertelsen
Message 3 of 8 (8,621 Views)

Hi,

I also tried to install to PSC2210 on Windows7.

The Windows does indeed detect the printer and installs the driver,

but I cannot print.

The printer is there in the list, but with a red cross.

Any options ?

Student
ehelpman
Message 4 of 8 (6,399 Views)

I installed the driver for which printer which said is suitable for Window 7, but it does not recognize the printer. What shall I do?

Student
cfp40
Message 5 of 8 (6,389 Views)

Reinstall all the win7 drivers and be sure to shut down any firewalls/virus programs. I was able to load the drivers after this. I am having a problem printing in IE8 with the protected mode on. When I turn protected mode off I can print no problem.

Honor Student
klzpage
Message 6 of 8 (6,300 Views)

I have been struggling with this very same issue.  I have tried every suggested option from your standard replies.  My 2210 just will not work.  Can the driver simply be made available by HP on their website?  Clearly, the intended fix for this does not work.  Ken

Student
davlinmate
Message 7 of 8 (5,532 Views)

I was able to get my printer to work 1 time, when I first turned on the laptop.  Since then, it will not work.  I've tried the fixes on the HP website.  Reinstalled the driver, for windows 7, plugged and unplugged the usb cable.  Still not printing.  Any suggestions?

Tutor
twf42
Message 8 of 8 (49 Views)

My scanning function suddenly stopped working.  I have uninstalled the psc2210 program (I had previously installed it in XP virtual mode due to another problem). When I try to install from the CD, the DVD drive thrashes around for a while & then asks me if I want to allow HP to install setup.exe. The DVD then continues to thrash around and nothing happens. So how do I re-install the PSC program?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation