03-13-2013 11:33 AM
I tried to install my hp psc1315 in a new PC (no Internet access), but the downloaded driver from HP (Windows 8 64 bits) seems not to work.
(1) After almost finishing the installation, the program gets stuck and eventually produces a "fatal" error (not a lot of information).
(2) Following instructions for a failed installation, I restart the computer, launch the installation program again, but the program seems to "believe" that the installation is already succesful and do not give the option to install again or anything.
(3) Trying to uninstall and install again does not work.
(4) The scanner seems to work, but not the printer.
(5) In the "Devices" list from Windows, I can see the hp psc 1315 listed, but says "driver not installed" (or similar, I do not remember exact words)
Could someone please help me? How could I get the right driver? Thanks.
03-14-2013 12:52 PM
Have you tried to install it using the HP Printer Install Wizard? That may be a solution to your issue.
Here is a link to download it: HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows
Try that and let me know how that works out for you. Best of luck!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation