Question

Honor Student
fernandisco1234
Message 1 of 3 (226 Views)

hp psc1315 driver windows 8

I tried to install my hp psc1315 in a new PC (no Internet access), but the downloaded driver from HP (Windows 8 64 bits) seems not to work.

In particular:

(1) After almost finishing the installation, the program gets stuck and eventually produces a "fatal" error (not a lot of information).

(2) Following instructions for a failed installation, I restart the computer, launch the installation program again, but the program seems to "believe" that the installation is already succesful and do not give the option to install again or anything.

(3) Trying to uninstall and install again does not work.

(4) The scanner seems to work, but not the printer.

(5) In the "Devices" list from Windows, I can see the hp psc 1315 listed, but says "driver not installed" (or similar, I do not remember exact words)

Could someone please help me? How could I get the right driver? Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 3 (212 Views)

Re: hp psc1315 driver windows 8

Have you tried to install it using the HP Printer Install Wizard? That may be a solution to your issue.

Here is a link to download it: HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

Try that and let me know how that works out for you. Best of luck!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
fernandisco1234
Message 3 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: hp psc1315 driver windows 8

This is the error I get. Could someone please help?

Clipboard.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation