Question

Student
jbwilliams99
Message 1 of 2 (109 Views)

hpvpI09.inf not found

I have downloaded the installation software for the Officejet 6700 but when I run it I get an error "Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error 1627 for package 'C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 6700\DriverStore\Pipeline\hpvpI09.inf'. There is no HP folder under Program Files and I don't know how to fix this.

We have a Windows 8.1 64 bit computer. The printer worked fine before the 8.1 Windows update...

Thanks!!
Jon

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 2 (93 Views)

Re: hpvpI09.inf not found

Hi jbwilliams99,

I understand you have an Officejet 6700 that is not wanting to install in Windows 8.1. I'm sorry to hear this, but I will definitely do my best to help you out!

I would recommend checking to make sure all previous versions of the software are uninstalled. You can follow the uninstall instructions in this Uninstalling the Printer Software and if there's nothing in the Control Panel to uninstall, please try the Microsoft Fix It tool, and follow the below screen shot for what to select. If you have an HP computer, make sure to only remove things you are certain are tied to the printer.

MicrosoftFixIt.jpg

When you try to install the printer again, please do so by using the HP Printer Install Wizard. This should help eliminate any further issues for you in regards to the printer software.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation