Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi,
i accidently deleted my printer from the list of printers so how do i restore it back?
model is hp officejet 4500 all in one and i use windows vista

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey anammahmood,

I see you are having an issue with your Officejet 4500 all-in-one on your Vista PC.  How do you have the 4500 connected with the Vista PC? (USB, Ethernet, or wireless)

Do you have the full feature software installed for this printer?

If so, then try the following steps to reconnect the printer.

• Unplug the USB cable if connected this way from the PC/Printer
  • Open the Devices and Printers folder
  • Remove any remaining listings for the device in this folder
  • Right click in the white space of the Devices and Printers folder
  • Select Run as Administrator > Print Server Properties
  • Select the Drivers tab
  • Delete any remaining drivers for the 4500
  • Click on the Start menu of the PC
  • Select All Programs
  • Open the HP folder
  • Open the folder for the Officejet 4500 G510 series
  • Select 'Add a Device'
  • Follow the onscreen prompts

Let me know if this is able to get your printer connected back with your Vista computer,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Hi anammamood, just un plug it (the printer) then plug it back in---should re-connect==reinstall the driver. Let me know how this goes for you.

Good Luck!
HP Recommended

i tried unplugging and plugging it but nothing happend

HP Recommended

Hey anammahmood,

I see you are having an issue with your Officejet 4500 all-in-one on your Vista PC.  How do you have the 4500 connected with the Vista PC? (USB, Ethernet, or wireless)

Do you have the full feature software installed for this printer?

If so, then try the following steps to reconnect the printer.

• Unplug the USB cable if connected this way from the PC/Printer
  • Open the Devices and Printers folder
  • Remove any remaining listings for the device in this folder
  • Right click in the white space of the Devices and Printers folder
  • Select Run as Administrator > Print Server Properties
  • Select the Drivers tab
  • Delete any remaining drivers for the 4500
  • Click on the Start menu of the PC
  • Select All Programs
  • Open the HP folder
  • Open the folder for the Officejet 4500 G510 series
  • Select 'Add a Device'
  • Follow the onscreen prompts

Let me know if this is able to get your printer connected back with your Vista computer,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

i did all that u said but the computer is still not recognizing it 😕
its connected by usb when i insert it in the usb post it doesnt recognize it

HP Recommended

i did what u said and then uninstalled the profram and installed it again now it working thank you 🙂

HP Recommended

Hey,

Thanks for the update.  I am glad to hear that the issue is fixed and that the steps were able to help you.  I wish you the best with all your future printing needs!

Happy Printing,
Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Hi
I have the same problem
But my printer models is hp envy 4500 e-all-in-one series and my laptop is window 8
I have uninstalled the initial program of my printer from my laptop accidentally. And I think can reinstall through insert the cd which given with the printer. But it doesn't work.
Can u help me? Thank you
HP Recommended

i cannot print  get message that printer is off line  but it is not     I share this printer with my wife and she is able to print

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.