05-28-2013 01:59 PM
i accidently deleted my printer from the list of printers so how do i restore it back?
model is hp officejet 4500 all in one and i use windows vista
This question was solved. View Solution.
05-28-2013 02:02 PM
ProBook 4710S, Win 8 Pro 32 bit, T6570 @ 2.1Ghz, 320GB, 3GB, ATI Mobility HD 4330
Elitebook 8440p Win 7 Enterprise x64, M520 2.4 Ghz, 250GB 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics
05-29-2013 03:22 PM
I see you are having an issue with your Officejet 4500 all-in-one on your Vista PC. How do you have the 4500 connected with the Vista PC? (USB, Ethernet, or wireless)
Do you have the full feature software installed for this printer?
If so, then try the following steps to reconnect the printer.
- Unplug the USB cable if connected this way from the PC/Printer
- Open the Devices and Printers folder
- Remove any remaining listings for the device in this folder
- Right click in the white space of the Devices and Printers folder
- Select Run as Administrator > Print Server Properties
- Select the Drivers tab
- Delete any remaining drivers for the 4500
- Click on the Start menu of the PC
- Select All Programs
- Open the HP folder
- Open the folder for the Officejet 4500 G510 series
- Select 'Add a Device'
- Follow the onscreen prompts
Let me know if this is able to get your printer connected back with your Vista computer,
05-31-2013 06:54 AM
i did all that u said but the computer is still not recognizing it :/
its connected by usb when i insert it in the usb post it doesnt recognize it
05-31-2013 03:51 PM
Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that the issue is fixed and that the steps were able to help you. I wish you the best with all your future printing needs!