i cannot get my printer (hp officejet 4500) to install and run on my hp desktop windows 7 (1785 Views)
Top Student
kimmie86
Message 1 of 9 (1,785 Views)

i cannot get my printer (hp officejet 4500) to install and run on my hp desktop windows 7

I have an Hp officejet 4500 printer and I cannot get it to install on my HP desktop equipped with windows 7.  I have installed drivers and scrubbers to try to clean up my desktop but nothing works.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 9 (1,770 Views)

Re: i cannot get my printer (hp officejet 4500) to install and run on my hp desktop windows 7

Do you encounter any error messages during the installation of the software? And are you connecting the printer by USB or wirelessly?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
kimmie86
Message 3 of 9 (1,766 Views)

Re: i cannot get my printer (hp officejet 4500) to install and run on my hp desktop windows 7

No messages come up and im connecting via usb cable

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 9 (1,751 Views)

Have you tried running the Print Diagnostic Utility? It could detect what's preventing you from printing and possibly fix some of those issues too. Check the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02114788&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=423...
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
kimmie86
Message 5 of 9 (1,748 Views)

I did try this but my computer is not even recognizing the printer. However, when i run the cd it says its installed but when i plug the cable into the printer to connect it to the computer it will not recognize the printer.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 9 (1,744 Views)

Have you tried connecting the USB cable to a different USB port on your PC? And have you tried using another USB cable? Maybe this one has a problem.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
kimmie86
Message 7 of 9 (1,740 Views)

Yes I have changed usb ports and also switched the cables. 

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 8 of 9 (1,738 Views)

OK, try this. Unplug the USB cable from the printer. Now explore the contents of the CD and go to the folder util/ccc, and you should find a file name 'Uninstall_L2.bat'. Run the file, and press any key to star the uninstallation. Restart the PC when prompted.

After restarting the PC, reinstall the software and plug in the USB cable when prompted and see if it goes through correctly.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
kimmie86
Message 9 of 9 (1,731 Views)

I have tried this.  It will make the printer my default printer but it will not print and says it is not connected to default printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation