Question

Honor Student
djjthebug
Message 1 of 14 (17,575 Views)
Accepted Solution

i have a hp deskjet f4580 and i have lost my cd i have been trying to install but no go

I have a HP Deskjet F4580 and I have the installation CD I have been trying to find a replacement but I have not had any luck.

Been trying to install the printer without the CD but no luck so I don't know what to do please help.

My system is Windows XP HP Pavilion a 450n Minitower, Intel Pentium 4 Processor, 3GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology,

512MB Ram 1 Drive, 4X DVD+RW and 48X CD-Rom Drives, Windows XP Home Edition-year 2004

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 14 (17,560 Views)

Re: i have a hp deskjet f4580 and i have lost my cd i have been trying to install but no go

Hi djjthebug,

Please go to the link below to download the full feature driver for the F4580 printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-73705-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
djjthebug
Message 3 of 14 (17,555 Views)

Re: i have a hp deskjet f4580 and i have lost my cd i have been trying to install but no go

I want to thank you so much I have been working for 2 weeks trying to get this printer to work and the soluation you gave

me worked, I just wish I could find another CD to get there's got to be a place somewhere who sells backup CD's.

Thanks again The Bug

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 14 (17,549 Views)

Hi djjthebug,

Follow the steps below to access the files to burn to a CD

1. Type %temp% in run
  2. Look for a folder that starts with 7z (example: 7zS78B1)
  3. Open the folder; the files in this folder can then be burned to a blank CD which will be the same as ordering a replacement CD.
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
cinnamngrl
Message 5 of 14 (13,881 Views)

can I just order a replacement cd?

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 6 of 14 (13,877 Views)

@cinnamngrl, you can call HP@8004746836 and they should be able to send you a replacement CD, depending on if they have any in stock.

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Top Student
cinnamngrl
Message 7 of 14 (13,702 Views)

wrong number

Top Student
cinnamngrl
Message 8 of 14 (13,701 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok, I just wasted an hour and a half on the phone and was given 3 different numbers to call all with no result.  Is this just a scam to tell my working printer is unusable?

866-684-6707

800-277-8164

800-633-3600

this is really rude and frustrating.  I have been transferred about 10 times and there is no replacement CD.  what a waste.  I am not even sure what the right phone number to call is.  And HP supposedly has a great reputation for sending these cds.  that's fake.  The worst was everyone asked me at least 10 useless questions, without listening to anything I said.  why can't they just set up an online link to ordering the cd?  at least then, it would take less than 2 minutes to find out that they were out of the replacement cd. 

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 9 of 14 (13,643 Views)

OK, you can follow this link depending on if you live outside the states.

Also, what printer do you have? Being you're not the creator of this thread, I don't want to assume you have the desk jet f4580. If you don't please let me know what printer you have. 

"can I just order a replacement cd?"

Are you having an issue printing? 

Do you just need a backup CD? 

Can you please give me a little more information about the issue you're having?

Top Student
cinnamngrl
Message 10 of 14 (13,635 Views)

[ Edited ]

your link was not appropriate.  I can confirm that I have a deskjet F4580.  I am unable to download from the net.  there is nothing wrong with my printer.  I wiped my hard drive and I need to reinstall the drivers and other HP utilities.  Those are exactly the questions that bug me.  from the start all i have asked for was the cd.  is that a problem? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation