Question

Student
sandylwiederhol
Message 1 of 2 (1,804 Views)
Accepted Solution

i have a hp officejet j4680 printer, and windows 7. i can not use the cd to install for scan.

I have Windows 7 and I have a HP Officejet j4680, I could not use the instillation Cd to install the printer, but my computer found the driver. The problem is I need to scan something and the Windows fax scan program does not find the scanner. How do I make the computer recognize the scan part of the printer?

Thanks Sandy

Intern
cclevinger
Message 2 of 2 (1,772 Views)

Re: i have a hp officejet j4680 printer, and windows 7. i can not use the cd to install for scan.

Hi Sandy. I suggest if you could go to this website http://www.hp.com/customercare and search for your product from here. Once you do that please download the installer online to re register the printer on your computers system.

Because if you wont then the basic drivers wont install properly.

Thanks!

I do work for HP. But i speak for myself.

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

For more information you can always check the RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation